Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tire Size help

If Im running CCW 18s front and back,(18x10 front, 18x11 rear) on an '03 Z06, what are the widest tires that will fit without tubbing?

John

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hello John,

I've got CCW Classics:

18x10.5 front with 285 wide Nitto 555R2 and 18x11.5 rear with 305 wide and they fit without removing the rear brake duct.

I also have DRM front brake duct extensions, and they only rub at full lock.

I suspect that 295 front should work, and 315 should fit with rear brake ducts removed.

·
Registered
681 Posts
There was a guy up at MTI w/ 315's on the back and I was told that he didn't have to do anything. He had the same wheels as I do. The CCW Classics.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jist so you know, I got mine with the tires (MPS) already mounted up from CCW and went with John's recommendation; 275/35 front, and 335/30 rear. A very slight rub in the fender liner in the rear which leaves a slight "eyebrow" you can see, but not hear. Of course the brake duct had to be removed.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
RocketSled said:
I have 315/30-18s on the back and 285/30-18s on the front.

They fit fine. No problem whatsoever.
How do those 30 series look on the back? They are a little shorter than the 35 series stock tire. I just ordered the stock 295 size but was thinking of going with the 315. How do you like them and are they PS2's

D.J.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys,

I just got my CCW classics in... race wheel w/ stainless hardware clear anodized. Front 10.5 and rear 11.5 widths.

Anyway, I was thinking about running 275/40-18 front and 315/30-18 rear PS2's. This changes the tire rolling circumference ratio slightly. I didn't know what experiences people have had doing this and if it affects the stability control system so much as to cause an error code.

Thanks

Nate

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
How do those 30 series look on the back? They are a little shorter than the 35 series stock tire. I just ordered the stock 295 size but was thinking of going with the 315. How do you like them and are they PS2's

D.J.
Click my Sig (you'll need to scroll up to my previous post), it'll take you to my "Homage to my Z06" webpage. There are pictures of the wheels/tires on the car on the page. Scroll down, click the thumbs to get larger image.

-R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts