Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tighten down the valves in your tires valve stems.....My trip to Sears Point for the ALM/TRANSAM races was delayed when checking tire pressure.... I found 2 tires low. Pumped 'em up and had a lot of air leaking out of one of the valve stems.

Tire dealer said it's a common problem. The guys that mount your tires and install the valve stem many times will fail to tighten the valves. Or, it may come that way from the factory.

For $2.00 you can buy a valve wrench and make sure you don't have leaks. All 4 of mine needed to be tightened up!!

Hope you find my experience useful....

01ZEE06(Barry)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Great info, Barry!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

You already have a valve stem tool in your inflator kit. I know, I have already had expience with it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks Barry....
This is what's great about this Forum.

P.S.: I'm going to Portland (OR) on Sat., Aug. 4 (race is on the 5th)to the Tommy Bahama 125 LeMans Series (LIVE C5Rs Racing!!!) and I don't want the Shark on a flatbed (...see above photo!). /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HarleyB(Z)

'85 Low Glide/Springer -my vert
'01 Quicksilver/Black Z06 •SilverShark• Kirban/Hardbar®

Throttle Depressed. Driver Very Happy. Beware the "427 Z06"...It's coming!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.