Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order today a set of 541 HRE wheels. I plan on getting 19x9.5 for the front and 20x10.5 rear. I can pick any width I want---do I want to go wider in the rear?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have to change wheels. I will be going with "MASSIVE" 345s and 18' wheels from CCW. The 20s look great but do not give enough sidewall for good traction from a standing stop. The thin side wall (low profile) needed on a 20' wheels is a great set up but when launching the car the tire is just too hard, and you will get more wheel spin. A smaller wheel and larger profile tire give a little more flex to the sidewall and enables the car to "grip" better from a standing launch.

The 20s handle great, ride great and look awsome. With my new power I will need more grip ... I will miss my wheels!!:(

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 20's it is!

I don't have the opportunity to really run my Z as hard as I would like---Johnny Law tends to ruin the fun---but I do want the Z to look awesome! So--19x9.5 front and 20x10 rear HRE 541's buying from our good friend at exit28motorsports.com's Richard Griffin outta Dallas! Thanks again RG in Dallas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts