Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready for tires and I am looking at Nitto"s and Toyo's. I am leaning toward the Toyo's. I am planning on going 1 oversize fitment. 275/40x17 F. & 305/35x18 R. Do any of you who have over-sized tires have any problems with the front end "hunting" or following a groove in the road? The only chassis mod I have is the chassis tunnel plate which really tighten up my ride and reduce some heat around the console.

Chas.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Chas, I've heard those sizes work fine and I plan on going the same route....probably the Nitto 555r2's. Need more traction....YES! :guiness:

Bob :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
"Do any of you who have over-sized tires have any problems with the front end "hunting" or following a groove in the road?"

Hell, I have that problem on standard tires. It depends on the road. there is one particularly bad suburban road I drive to get to our Vette club meetings. I swear it feels like the damn car is just going to drive off the road!

I use NittoR2s in those sizes as track tires, and often drive up to 100 miles to/from events. They are as bad/good as the normal tire. You will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts