Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finished my toy tweaking and tuning, no track times til this may...My problem is the car wants to kill the tires through fourth gear..I can punch it in third at 80mph and blow the hides off the rear and a dangerous fishtail in fourth..The tires are oem and good tread...What other tire options for the street work better that the goodyears..Anyone try the BFG COMP TA SSS? or similar? I want the tires to hook good on the street but still manage descent wear and trip ability...ALL HELP IS NEEDED>>THANKS< Dave:cheers:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. The Gforce KD's come in our stock sizes and are about the only really good choice out there with the stock rims.
If other rims go with kumho's or hoosiers on a road race course or the KD's for good off the line hook up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There seems to be about 3 different KD's..Which ones for the stock rim? Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Go to tirerack.com and pull up the recommended tires for our car. It only gives you the OE choice and the KD's.

·
Registered
188 Posts
turbovette - I'm curious , what have you done to your car? You obviously have a lot more than just a T1. With the traction problem you're describing , either you are driving on roads covered with Vaseline or you're making well over 500 rwhp. I know a couple of guys that are making over 550 rwhp. They don't have rear tires anywhere near as good as the F1 supercar's , and they don't even come close to breaking the tires loose in fourth gear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It makes 585 rwhp...Mods are extensive and foolish, but all motor..Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
Id go with road race tires. Yokohama A032R's are extreamly awesome for high powered cars that want to stick and corner as well. You'll also need some more rims, get a wider rim. A032R's are available in 315/30/17 and you'll never have traction problems to that extent again. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts