Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading and reading first I was going with PS'2 then Toyo RA-1 now thinking T1-S.

I got 25k out of my GY original tires what would I be looking at with the RA-1 and the T1-S and what would I be giving up in traction between the RA and T1?

Does the T1's perform better then the GY F1's?

I know the RA-1's will wear faster then the T1's but by how much?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
The RA-1s are made of a real sticky compound that does not heat cycle to death like other street legal R compound tires.
They are only good for a few thousand miles (8-10) but they sure make the beast fast. I have a set that was shaved to 4/32 for racing and a full tread set for everyday use.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I want to get tires that will offer better straight line acceleration. I dont want to get drag radils since they will wear out pretty quick and i dont race too much. But the way you guys talk about those tires it seems like they will last even less than nitto drag radisl.

·
Registered
67 Posts
F1_SS said:
I want to get tires that will offer better straight line acceleration. I dont want to get drag radils since they will wear out pretty quick and i dont race too much. But the way you guys talk about those tires it seems like they will last even less than nitto drag radisl.

YMMV...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8-10k is not very good for a daily driver.. How about the T1-S how many miles would you guess and are they better then GY originals?

Thanks for the input... you would not think buying rubber would be so hard!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Mike -

I'm going with the RA1 for a couple of reasons.

My car is about to see a lot more autox use, with both my fiance and myself driving. I didn't want to pop for another set of wheels with the wedding looming, and even if I did, I still don't have a way to get the wheels to the track.

The RA1 will work on the street, and in the parking lot, admitedly its a compromise, but it will work for now. If I was using it for _JUST_ a daily driving tire, hell no. I'd probably drop the Michelin PS or PS2s on, and call it good.

In the short run, this is going to save me some cash, until I can buy that 2nd set of wheels (really 2 sets, as I'm going to go to 18x10,18x12 when I do it).

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
PS2s on the car for a month now and absolutely no regrets. Although the car does see a little track time, realistically, it is a street car 95% of the time. I think that is true for most folks. There is significant Formula 1 tech in the PS2s, and they must be doing something right, since the C5/6Rs have been winning a lot of races on Michelin rubber. The PS2s are superior to F1s in just about every category and are also an excellent wet weather tire. Drawback is they are pricey -

I am sure whatever you choose will be best for you - just my $.02...

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I got almost 25K out my first set of T1-S tires, have a little over 20K on this set. Got 24K out my original F1 SC tires when I first got the car.

If your car is more street than track, and you live anyplace where there is heavy rain, the T1-S tires are your choice. Great rain tire, very good dry traction, decent tread life, a very good combination.

Mark

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like T1-S or PS2's............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts