Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He all, I have searched the forum but seems there is not a lot of activity and all posts about tires are pretty old.

I just bought a 2003 Z06 and the tire date codes are 2009 so even though they have very little wear, I obviously have to replace them.

What tires are the ones you are running now. I don't think the F1 Supercar Tires are even available any longer are they?

I will be mostly street driving with an occasional road course day so would like a good street tire that will hold it's on on the track.

Just looking for thoughts and suggestions. I haven't had a Z06 since 2004 so I am sure there are many changes in ideas and tires.

·
Premium Member
2003 Quicksilver Z06
16 Posts
He all, I have searched the forum but seems there is not a lot of activity and all posts about tires are pretty old.

I just bought a 2003 Z06 and the tire date codes are 2009 so even though they have very little wear, I obviously have to replace them.

What tires are the ones you are running now. I don't think the F1 Supercar Tires are even available any longer are they?

I will be mostly street driving with an occasional road course day so would like a good street tire that will hold it's on on the track.

Just looking for thoughts and suggestions. I haven't had a Z06 since 2004 so I am sure there are many changes in ideas and tires.
I like the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires -- works well at autocross and on street. Snow/ice are taboo... And yes, the rear tires are hard to find, but the front are readily available.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know they are still available. I was always happy with them on my previous 3 Z06's.
I just found that I really liked the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, but that is on a Camaro which is a lot heavier so was curious if others had real life experience with them.

I did a quick search on Tire Rack and they have 0 tires available. It will be interesting to see what I can find.

Never going to see snow, maybe rain if I get caught or at a track day.

Thanks for the feedback Val

·
Registered
290 Posts
Even though my car is a C6, I put the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on my car back in May. I wish I had dumped the old Goodyear run flats a long time ago. They ride great, seem grippy and from the road tests I have read they will survive some light track day events. I got them from Tire Rack, they came with a road hazard warranty which I had to use a while back (nail in the tread). The fronts were in stock but, the rears were on back order for two and a half months. The good thing is when I checked the date codes, they were literally made one week before I got them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For street I've been running Michelin PS2 run flats on my C6Z for years. On track I have found them to be only 4 seconds slower than Pirelli P Zero slicks, 3 seconds slower than Hoosier R7 slicks. Impressive for a run flat street tire. Bad news is, I've had a set on order at Tire Rack for 9 months, with still no ETA.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I like the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires -- works well at autocross and on street. Snow/ice are taboo... And yes, the rear tires are hard to find, but the front are readily available.

I have a 2008 Z06 and I just put on the Bridgestone/Firestone Indy 500's and they less expensive than the Michelin PS 4S and have a better rating. I live in Florida and we have rains that will send you to Therapy, thes tires are the best i have had so far!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts