Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need tires does any one have any recommendations. I don't like the Goodyear Run Flats! I have some mods done to the car and the tires will not grip the road.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are some good options availabe these days. I know of many owners that are happy with the Firestone Run Flats, the Michelin Pilots and the Nitto 555's.

The Firestones are a lot better tire than the GYs. A lot quieter and softer. Plus they're run flats.
The Michelins are the best all around tire from what I've been told. Great performance in dry or wet conditions.
The Nittos are the best bang for the buck choice. Softer than the Pilots or the Firestones.

Other consideration that I have no real experience with are the Z06 GY Supercars and Yokohama A032R (practically a cut slick!....not for a daily driver). They don't come in exact sizes for the stock rims but would be great performers.

I've got the Nittos in 1 size over front and rear. The more I use them the more I like them, They are just sooo different from the EMT's. Much more body roll and tire flex. They slide more progressively whereas the GY's stuck hard then let loose big time when pushed over the llimit. I've really had to change the amount of correction I put into the wheel when I encounter oversteer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts