Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have found that pilot sports come in a frt/rear set combo of 275/40/17 and 315/30/18 and are said to fit on the stock wheels without the removal of the rear brake air ducts as with the ccw 335 series set up. is anyone running these with success? AND has anyone run the combo after adding the lowering kit i i ordering?

also just had the vararam delivered and have been trying to decide to go with the more expensive LS long tube full system back to the stock muffler, or the borla xr1 race exhaust that is very cost effective and high flow, yet mant complain it id TOO loud. any body used either one or both together?

thanks, 2003 red Z06, still stock, but not for long...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
335/30/18's fit on your stock rims with no prob and cleared ducts? that would be nice. i wanted to go wider than a 315, but was told to get a wider rim first, and no one has said for sure if it will cause a clearance prob with the lowering kit i have coming in... is yours dropped already? i can't stand the large fender gap.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,325 Posts
I can't help on your question, but wanted to welcome you to :z:
When did you get the Z?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,289 Posts
blown 346 said:
I actually have 335 Pilot's on my stock 18x10.5's. My brake cooling ducts work as they should.
Tire Rack shows that a 335 should have a 12 inch wheel or wider?
Not sure I would take the chance with a stock wheel on this.

The 315's will work fine with stock wheel. I have seen this on several vettes and is the size I will be looking for next set. These also are very close to sticking out of the fender wells in the rear. 275's no problem on the fronts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

315/30/18's will fit on the rear of a C5 Z06 without any problems and require no modifications using the stock 10.5 rim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DennyM said:
I can't help on your question, but wanted to welcome you to :z:
When did you get the Z?
thanks :)

i picked it up back in early 2004, an attorney of mine bought it new, drove it around a little and realized he was made to drive benz... that is what he has always had, he did not need a vette, so i got to steal it like it was still new. still had the new car smell!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dwjZ06 said:
Tire Rack shows that a 335 should have a 12 inch wheel or wider?
Not sure I would take the chance with a stock wheel on this.

The 315's will work fine with stock wheel. I have seen this on several vettes and is the size I will be looking for next set. These also are very close to sticking out of the fender wells in the rear. 275's no problem on the fronts.
i saw that as well. i think 315 is as big as i better go on these rims. do you know anyone that lowered the car with that size? my next order coming included the lowering bolts, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT L GO said:
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

315/30/18's will fit on the rear of a C5 Z06 without any problems and require no modifications using the stock 10.5 rim.
thanks, nice to be here. have u heard of them rubbing after the lowering kit is installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
RSG_Racing said:
i saw that as well. i think 315 is as big as i better go on these rims. do you know anyone that lowered the car with that size? my next order coming included the lowering bolts, etc...
With 315/30/18's you can lower to the weeds with no clearance problems. You will kill the ride though :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,289 Posts
RSG_Racing said:
i saw that as well. i think 315 is as big as i better go on these rims. do you know anyone that lowered the car with that size? my next order coming included the lowering bolts, etc...
I did not use lowering hardware just turned down on the stock bolts. I drag in my driveway and a few other places so unless you live in a totally flat world do not get carried away here. And as Rick said you should not have a rub problem with the 315's., but you could have a pretty harsh ride. I did notice some extra bouncing around as well. I think I will upgrade to 04 shocks soon. Take care, Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
RSG_Racing said:
335/30/18's fit on your stock rims with no prob and cleared ducts? that would be nice. i wanted to go wider than a 315, but was told to get a wider rim first, and no one has said for sure if it will cause a clearance prob with the lowering kit i have coming in... is yours dropped already? i can't stand the large fender gap.
I bought the car the way it is, It has not been lowered. Thats probably why the ducts still work. I will be getting it dropped fairly soon. Just worried about the roadways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Tire Rack shows that a 335 should have a 12 inch wheel or wider?
Not sure I would take the chance with a stock wheel on this.

The 315's will work fine with stock wheel. I have seen this on several vettes and is the size I will be looking for next set. These also are very close to sticking out of the fender wells in the rear. 275's no problem on the fronts.
I looked that up also, I bought the car with those tires, since they are all new I dont want to replace them. I havent had any problems yet.'' Knock On Wood''
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
Not worth doing the headers and exhaust for the little gain.
Trust me I and many others have gotten 10rwhp or less. For a full $2k installed that isn't worth it.

I had toyo ra1's in the sizes you mention and they fit fairly well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, if i remove the $2k full exhaust and the $2k-$3K rear gear that a few folks have been telling me will give me too much wheel spin for the small gains... that is a savings of close to the price of a supercharger already...

all my buddy did is a borla cat back (for sound), vararam, programmer, 100 shot NOS and DOT BFG drag radials. he went from 12.2 every run to a solid 10.8 ... i had heard a 10.68, but saw him pull the 10.8 ... now he is having the heads and cam done, so it should be nuts on the next run.

the vararam in in my garage, so i guess i will just order:

the lowering kit

the ACI wing 606-075

160 hypertech thermostat (or 1 pc 175 unit from mid america)??? advice?

either the skip shift bypass (or the Predator Power Programmer & Diagnostic Tool)??? advice?

and if the full exhaust only adds 10 hp, i might as well just go for sound since i understand the stock Z06 muffler flows as good as any of the after market systems... i like the Borla XR-1 Race Exhaust, but hear most people think it is TOO loud, the B & B Bullet Exhaust System quad tips sounds good over the computer (and on my friends M3/ i used Borla), but the best looking one i have seen is the SLP PowerFlo Exhaust. i have never heard what it sounds like, but it fills that space perfectly... anybody have any sound pref on these 3 systems, only the borla comes with an x pipe.

then start looking at superchargers again, or NOS... any ideas?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top