Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone know of a good polish to use for the titanium mufflers ? I use Mothers Chrome Polish on the chrome rims on my 1999 Corvette, but so far do not what kind of polish to use on the titanium mufflers on my Z06 on order. Anyone have any suggestions ? I know there has to be a few members that polish their awesome titanium Z06 mufflers. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Just let them turn pretty shades of light blue from the heat /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. This is what titanium will do with heat -- seen it many many times on titanium exhaust systems on motorcycles. GM Owner's Manual mentions that they may turn color from heat.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...I know what you mean about letting them turn colors, but shouldn't they be cleaned with something ? Not really ? Any thoughts... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

On 2001-08-20 00:36, Quicksilver Boy spewed forth this drivel:
Hmm...I know what you mean about letting them turn colors, but shouldn't they be cleaned with something ? Not really ? Any thoughts... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Like I said above, titanium naturally will turn colors due to heat. The hotter it gets, the more blueish shade they become. I think it would look cool on my EB Z /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hum....Blue pipes with an E-Blue Z....I Like It! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
Try a "blue" remover, they are used on chrome motorcycle exhaust pies ad shold be able to ge some of it of.

But, titanium naturually turns into different colors when heated, like purple and blue, I say, leave it like it is, so everybody knows that it is titanium. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

On 2001-08-20 19:14, VPRKLLR spewed forth this drivel:

But, titanium naturually turns into different colors when heated, like purple and blue, I say, leave it like it is, so everybody knows that it is titanium. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EXACTLY !! Let 'em turn colors -- a sign of the Z /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
mother's mag polish. i use it on the tips, the pipes and the muffs (nothin like polishing a big muff /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

jt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts