Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 7,000 miles on it, the only problem is I had to cut through a part of the passenger side pipe after the axle to get it off. It's a clean cut, and I'm sure someone could weld it. Considering its been cut I'm looking for

$275 OBO

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
easier to ship too..
they can weld it easy..
good price

bump for you

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
As I recall, there are special proceedures for welding titanium, as in chamber welding.

The techniques and equipment used in welding titanium are similar to those required for other high-performance materials, such as stainless steels or nickel-base alloys. Titanium, however, demands greater attention to cleanliness and to the use of auxiliary inert gas shielding than these materials. Molten titanium weld metal must be totally protected from contamination by air. Also, hot heat-affected zones and root side of titanium welds must be shielded until temperatures drop below 800 degrees F.

Titanium reacts readily with air, moisture, grease, dirt, refractories, and most other metals to form brittle compounds. Reaction of titanium with gases and fluxes makes common welding processes such as gas welding, shielded metal arc, flux cored arc, and submerged arc welding unsuitable.

Joe

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the cut is after the axle, after it makes a 30-45 degree bend or so. I intentionally cut it at the longest straightest part so it would be easy to weld back together without fitment problems.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah you and everyone else I know. I couldn't get the car jacked up high enough in my garage, the tips would hit the floor and there just wasn't enough room, the drivers side came out though, if I would have done it on a lift I wouldn't of had to cut it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts