Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another lapping day at BIR last Wed. :D 50 laps on the 10 turn road course = redline in 3rd about 300 times (6 times per lap) and redline in 4th about 100 times (2 times per lap). Result: 150 miles and 1 qt. oil. The perfect result because I added a qt. when I started lapping so I was qt. over and when I was done, I was back to the correct oil level. :) GM must have had 50 laps at BIR in mind when they made the pcv system. ;)

I've done about 650 miles of wot at BIR this year and the car uses about a qt of oil to 2000 miles of normal driving (whatever that is). :cool:

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I believe Ron has been asked to share his laps with us via camera before, but as I recall he had an inverted problem with the last camera. I think he could edit anything he didn't think was good enough to show us. He has more track experience than anyone I have seen post on this site. It would be :cool: to look over his shoulder and imagine what the rest of us might do, given we had his talent. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ripped, We need :guiness: to see you at work:D PLEASEE:cheers:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My high speed lapping is over for the year, but I will try to get set up for next year with a camera and mount. I may have a lot of track experience, but talent is debatable. ;) Big testicles maybe. :eek:

One interesting thing happened at the track last Wed., even though it was only 60 degrees, I managed to get the trans. temp hot warning on the DIC. Took care of that today, changed to Mobil 1 ATF. Oh, one more thing, a guy in an '02 Z06 lost control on his first lap of the day and put it into a sand berm, the same berm I flipped on 3 years ago. :eek: He only dinged the nose and bent one of the titanium mufflers. EEEHAAAA!!!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Ripped,

As always thanks for reporting, You are a Hands on Guy and we look forward to nxt years post With Cam..............

:cheers:

·
Registered
631 Posts
What mode was is Active handling in ?

Was it on ? Competition mode or off ??

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always lap in competitive mode and I've gotten so it does not intervene if I'm hitting my apexes. The Z06 that crashed was also in competitive mode, but as GM says, "it can't overcome the laws of physics" or mashed gas pedal exiting a corner.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts