Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys ready for a laugh. I have always thought that my Bose stereo was of exceptional quality for a stock system. Granted, I have never had an aftermarket stereo that could compete financially with the MSRP of my car. Anyway, I was rumaging through an old July 1998 issue of Motor Trend (p. 154) and get this, they stated that the C5 has "the best factory-installed systems available in any vehicle-truly a system every bit as exciting as the Corvette itself." /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif They gave it a report card rating of A-. Moreover, they state that "[f]rom our evaluation, they succeeded at virtually every level, producing a clear winner and establishing a new benchmark system [for other cars to follow]...." They went on to state that it was better than just about eveything from Mercedes to Ferraris. So to all you guys that think I was wrong and that the stereo sucks. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif Maybe some of you guys need to turn up your hearing aides. Seriously, its not perfect and might not be the fanciest looking thing, but IMHO, its world-class for a factory system. If the car rags like it then you know it must be good. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always thought the bose stereo in c5 AND C4s were better than most aftermarkets. I'm not surprised they were rated good. - I just wish it came in the Z06!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Money talks - Bose probably had 5 pages of add space that month. Same reason M3s get the rave reviews.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Funny, the bose system IS in the ZO6. It sounds ok at low volumes for stock, it is a very manipulated, doctored-up signal, due to the fact it has no tweeters. Mine sounds good now, due to the fact I've added 500 watts of power, a 10" sub and 2 full ranges to a partition board I built myself. The amp gets an unmolested, pure signal prior to the tweaking the bose compensator box, which is on the firewall near the gas pedal.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You mean I wasted all that money on my aftermarket system!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts