Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know how soon, but I understand that GM has in the making another SCL recall which involves the previously installed relay and yet another updated wiring harness.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
with so much trouble with it, why don't they just disable it for now until there's a permanent fix

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
pauln64 said:
with so much trouble with it, why don't they just disable it for now until there's a permanent fix
I'm sure that the General would love to seeing how they have so much trouble with there design. Unfortunately they are required by Federal Law to have some sort of anti-thief device on all cars. On the automatic transmission cars they were able to get around this because there is a lock in the transmission shifter. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, disable it. I wonder why the Alarm System could not be considered as complying with the requirement of having an anti theft system? All the column lock is, is a determent, it's not theft proof.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Tony Skarbic said:
I agree, disable it. I wonder why the Alarm System could not be considered as complying with the requirement of having an anti theft system? All the column lock is, is a determent, it's not theft proof.
true. But there's really no theft proof car. If they want it bad enough, they'll get it. But I don't see why the stock alarm system could not qualify as anti-theft.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I'm training my trunk monkey right now....having trouble teaching him how to hold and shoot a gun! :lol: Checked with AARP...trunk monkeys are good. :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
rpallas said:
I'm training my trunk monkey right now....having trouble teaching him how to hold and shoot a gun! :lol: Checked with AARP...trunk monkeys are good. :thumb:

Bob :D
My only concern with the Trunk Monkey is space in the trunk. Can you really get as big a monkey as you want?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I received an e-mail recall for this the other day. When I clicked on the link to My GM it came up with my Vin# and said no reacalls pending. BTW, I did have the recall done the first time. GM will be paying for this and the gas guage problems for a long time. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Melsy

Not necessairly true. If anything other than what is outlined in the recall goes bad, it's not covered unless the car is under warranty. If the motor that actuates the pin goes bad, then you get to pay for it. It's called normal wear and tear. Having the recall done is useless.

Better off with the trunk monkey, I have one, and at least if someone tries to steel the car the trunk monkey can beat the sheet out of him with the golf clubs.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Tony Skarbic said:
Having the recall done is useless.
for sure.....w/o the reflash, you have a possibility of breaking the steering free with the pull like hell manuever....once the recall is done, you don't even have that opportunity since the gas flow is cut off.....

·
Registered
654 Posts
3Pedal_Z06 said:
My only concern with the Trunk Monkey is space in the trunk. Can you really get as big a monkey as you want?
Yeah I tried it and without a partition he kept tossing poop at me. Very distracting. :bmad:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Well, good thing I still haven't adhered to their last recall then. Since the car was serviced for the failed fuel gauge sensor, and their "service" ended up failing and now the tank goes out at 1/2 instead of 1/4 like it did...I figured I'd avoid the trouble of having them "service" the steering column lock since they probably weren't going to get that right either.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If you get the last recall you can expect the SCL issue to return. The car is programmed, prior to the recall, to shut down if speed exceeds 2 mph incase the owner decides to try and drive with the SCL message on the DIC.
I had the recall done and all was well for about a month or two and now it has returned. I can still do the "pull like hell" maneuver mentioned above and the car works fine.
IMHO, I would get the CL bypass. Thats my plan. All GMs "fixes" are worthless and mere appeasements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts