Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my car from Maxie Price.The car will be delivered to them and then trucked back to california.My question is to anybody who has had their car detailed my Maxie.How careful were they what kind of job did they do? Or should I just have it shipped back and not detailed.Thanks G. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

M

·
0 Posts
I do not know about them first hand but I would not let ANYONE touch my new ride in any way /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mark

·
Registered
566 Posts
Don't.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't know about Maxie Price, but generally the people who wash the cars at dealerships are careless and will not hesitate to machine wash the car and leave swirl marks and scratches on the paint./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif Same goes for those salesman who are waiting for the chance to jump into one of these exotics and take them for a joy ride. The rule of thumb is, a dealership is the most dangerous place for a car to be, and the less time it spends there the better.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Agree with all the above.
Bob

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don't let them touch it!!!!! Make sure you have it in writing that if there is a problem you don't have to accept the car!!! You should have the car sent straight to a dealer near where you live so that MP is not involved with the delivery in any way. Just my experienced humble facts! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-13 15:42, Cape Cod Bob spewed forth this drivel:
Bob

I check each and every Vette I delv. to make sure it is done the way it should be. I agree that all of the above has happened some where and by some people. Their are many Sales People that take pride in making sure all of their customers are happy, and that includes making sure the car is preped right. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Only a Corvette enthusiast should be detailing a Corvette. I doubt that can happen at many dealerships. If you want it done right, do it yourself. Depending on the color, using anything shy of a pure cotton bath towel can ruin the finish. I scrached mine with a wet sponge! Never never let anyone else touch your car. My girlfriend tried to wipe off her handprint from my door with her wool jacket. She is still on life support. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had the dealership prep both of my Zs. They are a large volume Vette dealer and know how to pamper a Vette. I've never had a problem with dealer preps over the years and I've bought 7 new Vettes from them.

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-13 15:50, rickd770 spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-13 15:42, Cape Cod Bob spewed forth this drivel:
Bob

We have lots of customers that prefer to clean their own car. I dont have any problem with them doing so. What ever the customer wants us to do.

I check each and every Vette I delv. to make sure it is done the way it should be. I agree that all of the above has happened some where and by some people. Their are many Sales People that take pride in making sure all of their customers are happy, and that includes making sure the car is preped right. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE> /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
156 Posts

On 2001-08-13 16:06, proexpert spewed forth this drivel:
My girlfriend tried to wipe off her handprint from my door with her wool jacket. She is still on life support. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SWEEEEEEET! LMAO /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Hey some of you guys need to relax a bit. This is just a car, a piece of machinery. Now if someone were going to detail my SO, or girl friend, I might get pissed.

Most salesmen want their new cars to look good. I let them detail mine. However I would be upset that it is not going to be direct shipped to the dealer who will make the ultimate delivery, more so than who details it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
906 Posts
...IMHO some of you guys (gals?) are way too anal about this...

...This is what my Z looked like before I detailed it MYSELF!!!
HarleyB /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Nobody touches my Car...........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts