Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the ATI P1SC install setup is going to run me a little under 10k and well i want wheels real bad for my car so if i get headers and exhasut that is the same price as for the CCW 505a's :( so if you had to pick one what would you pick and how much of a diffrence will exhaust and headers will make ? I don't much care for sound i am more into sleepers :) (love to see the looks on ppl's faces when they loose) :) so if i keep my satock 01 exhaust nad headers how much do u think i am gonna miss out on the whole SC experience ?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
To me an engine is a big air pump. Air in, air out. IMO Headers will help. The only engine builder I can recall that said headers were not necessary was Lingenfelter with the install of a Magnuson supercharger. They didn't say it wouldn't help, but said it was little gain for the money. :cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you're gonna pick up enough power with the blower install. It'll be a whole new car, and I don't think the extra 20 or so rwhp from the headers and exhaust on top of the blower is gonna mean much.

I'd get the wheels. That's an awesome choice of wheel, and the car will look that much better, when it's that much faster.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
IT L GO said:
To me an engine is a big air pump. Air in, air out. IMO Headers will help. The only engine builder I can recall that said headers were not necessary was Lingenfelter with the install of a Magnuson supercharger. They didn't say it wouldn't help, but said it was little gain for the money. :cheers:
I'd have to agree with IT L GO on this one. Hp and tq are all about 'air in' and 'air out'. I think the best performance enhancer with the the Procharger is a good set of headers and hi-flo cats.

Mike

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
wow.....your paying alot for your ATI. For that much you should be getting the kit, headers, full exhaust, and installation.

·
Registered
830 Posts
spdrcrj said:
wow.....your paying alot for your ATI. For that much you should be getting the kit, headers, full exhaust, and installation.
TRUE, TRUE, TRUE

·
Registered
413 Posts
you will end up with both...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks like I may be looking at things along your lines. I have the ATI kit from Andy at A&A installed on my '04 Z. Completely stock exhaust running 10 lbs. of boost (forged pistons and rods in stock sizes). I didn't want the noise of headers. She's making 607 RWHP and 507 RWTQ and the blower whine lets people know you're there when you idle through the parking lot.

I'd add the SC and then make up your mind from there. Probably wheels and tires next and then maybe headers.

Later ...Larry S.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
I'd have to agree with IT L GO on this one. Hp and tq are all about 'air in' and 'air out'. I think the best performance enhancer with the the Procharger is a good set of headers and hi-flo cats.

Mike
I also in agreement here.

And why does everyone think that the headers will make it louder......they won't, just let her breathe!!!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
mjustmike said:
I also in agreement here.

And why does everyone think that the headers will make it louder......they won't, just let her breathe!!!

Headers made mine loud. It's like a trumpet, more, faster flowing air out the rear made it howl. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the A&A P1SC set up and a set of supermaxx exhaust system. IMO the exhaust was a waste of money for a stock bottom end. The SC will give you more than enough HP than what your stock bottom end can handle. I think I would have made the same amount of power w/ or w/o the headers/ hi flow cats/ x-pipe. Andy de-tuned the max hp output for reliability. And anything extra (ported tb, LSX intake, electric water pump) would have been a waste of money. Unless you plan on a forged bottom end or a D1SC in the future :thumb: , save your money and get some rims for the WOW! :yeadog: factor.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
You dont need an exhuast. Its a waste of money. The stock exhuast is a good performer and has a nice sound to it. Get a set of Kooks offroad headers for 1100 and get the wheels. You will not regret it.

Another piece of advice.. get it all done together wheels supercharger and all! nothing like a BIG BIG BIG improvment :D

Good luck and keep us updated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts