Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a weekend of kart racing at the South Bend, Indiana airport. When I showed up there was a trailer with "Rahal" on the side of it....thought the name was a coincidence but it turns out Bobby's son was racing prior to heading to England for a summer of racing overseas.

So I'm walking by the trailer yesterday, and there stands the man himself, Bobby. I thought it was a little odd considering that his CART team was racing at MIS this weekend, but it turns out he was getting some last minute family time in prior to getting back to his F1 Team Jaguar duties. I had the chance to talk to him for a while (under the premise of writing for one of the karting magazines), but in reality I was just thrilled to meet the guy. It sounds like we are going to use his picture on one of our cover shots.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Todd:

How neat! Did you race with his son, or did you two race in different classes?

I have really fond memories of watching Bobby race at MIS and Mid-Ohio...Remember the time at MIS, just before Bobby retired as a CART driver, that all the other teams wore fake big nose and glasses as Bobby drove back into the pits after his final parade lap...I'll show you the photos first chance I get.

How did you make out in Indiana?

Zipster /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We raced in different classes - he's in the junior division.

I finished second in my class. Lead the entire race until the final corner. It's a lot like Daytona, you don't want to be leading on the last lap. Had fun but MAN was it HOT!

Those Rahal glasses were a riot - I remember them well! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts