Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey DJ -- Wow, I didn't realize that Mallet was right there! Have you been to their shop yet? Thanks for the link -- I've drooled there many-a--time!

-Kirk

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I went up just after I bought my Z06 last month. I waited for the weather to change and Chuck Mallett suggested I burnish the Transmission and rear end gears before I brought it in. Well I did and in fact its in the shop now. He's setting it up for me to do some autocross consisting of Penske Double Adjustable shocks, tweaking the front sway bar, brake pads, AP Brake fluid. I already put in a Brey Krause Harness Bar, Extinguisher Mount and Simpson Belts (RED). We'll run it that way for a month in the stock classes tweak it a little more then add some Cat back stuff and probably set it up for solo 1 towards the end of the summer. Probably will add a roll bar or cage then possibly T1 prep over the next winter. I also picked up some used Fiske's from him and will use them for my rain set up plus some of the new Goodyear autocross tires and some rains as well.

Chuck mallett is a great guy . I have never seen so many hot street vettes in one place save the Calloway garage in Conneticut. Chuck is very patient and is full of great info and allows you to pick his brain and is very knowledgable. It's great just to have your car sit next to a GT-1/ World Challenge car.

I will pick it up either Friday or next Wednesday. If your ever in Cleveland its worth the stop. His shop sits about 2 miles South of Cleveland Hopkins Airport in Berea.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm going to stop by his shop tomorrow to check on my car however the Penske's didn't show up until today so it won't be ready. Chuck is in Bowling Green for the gala this weekend so I won't be able to talk with him. I will see him probably next Wednesday when my car should be ready. You guys should do a feature on Mallett Cars like you did KaTech, Great article BTW. Beware though Chuck is primarily a tuner and gained his experience and knowledge in racing. His primary focus is preping cars for racing but also applying that knowledge to street applications ie performance. What he doesn't like is people looking just for a "look" or show car. Performance is the name of the game for my impression.

I will surely mention this website to him next week but you need to follow up as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts