Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating the cancellation of my 2002 M/Y Z06 for a few reasons... should I :-? :-?

1. I'm hearing it could take until Jan or Feb to get it if it ever arrives.
2. I can get a 2001 Black Z06 for $10K less and dump $10K in mods.
3. Baby due in Feb. and if car doesn't come by then, wife may change mind and realize we need more than one practical car (I'm giving her my 2001 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 Lariat).. BTW Ford lied.. no way we're getting 15 city 19 highway.. more like 12 and 12.. :eek: :eek:

I'm giving her the F-150 'cause I finally convinced her to sell the '89 Wrangler (4.2L Toppless So. Cal Jeep) aka death trap for pregnant wife. Anyone want it for $5800.. Black Diamond plate all around.. Excellent mechanically ... yada yada...

I could just pick up a safer $6K car (91 - 92 Acura Legend or similar any suggestions?) to be practical to take to work on a rarely rainy So. Cal day or if needed to scoot the kid around with... then I could wait for the Yellow Z and hope it arrives some day...

Not that any one will help me make up my mind.. but It's certainly fun to hang out here while I wait for a Z. This wait is a killer... going on week 12 for car.. week 17 for baby... What a wait.. don't know which is more exciting and wife's beginning to think and wonder if / why I spend more time thinking about the Z and hanging out here vs baby sites.. yeah right... ...:D :p

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You got it in spades my friend. Same here . . . 12th week in the queue for me too . . . that is, for a new Z06. Had the other kind of baby (with wife) 25 years ago. Both at the same time would truly be a "killer". I don't envy you. You are right though, the two experiences are very similar, but don't tell the wife that. :D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Oh, by all means, drop the Z order and get an Acura.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though... Keep the MY on order, and LOOK FOR THE CAR ELSEWHERE! I fell into my MY on the other forum while I had a MY (that I was never going to get) on order elsewhere. Cover all your bases, see if you can find the car from anywhere, and then cancel your current order.

IT CAN BE DONE! You CAN have the car you really want!

Go for it!

-Kirk

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
thx - Have you called our dealers? Rick Daniel / Bob Benedix ? I know Rick has been quoting earlier delivery times, and discounts.

Vince

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Manatee said:
thx - Have you called our dealers? Rick Daniel / Bob Benedix ? I know Rick has been quoting earlier delivery times, and discounts.

Vince
Spoke to Rick, he can't guarantee any delivery times for M/Y, he's estimating 12 weeks but can not guarantee.

Spoke to my dealer today, he's meeting with GM rep on Friday. I will have better idea this weekend. If my dealer can't confirm some estimate this weekend, I'll consider placing the order with Rick and wait it out with him... At least then I know it will come in eventually. :p

If it's going to be any later than Dec., I've got to decide to either pick up a friends Acura and wait for my Yellow Dream or bite the bullet and go for the '01. (I think I'll end up waiting and get the Acura and deal with it for 6 months... that will make getting the M/Y '02 that much sweeter). Then I at least have an extra 4 seater if I ever need it.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
thx2.net said:

Spoke to Rick, he can't guarantee any delivery times for M/Y, he's estimating 12 weeks but can not guarantee.

Spoke to my dealer today, he's meeting with GM rep on Friday. I will have better idea this weekend. If my dealer can't confirm some estimate this weekend, I'll consider placing the order with Rick and wait it out with him... At least then I know it will come in eventually. :p

If it's going to be any later than Dec., I've got to decide to either pick up a friends Acura and wait for my Yellow Dream or bite the bullet and go for the '01. (I think I'll end up waiting and get the Acura and deal with it for 6 months... that will make getting the M/Y '02 that much sweeter). Then I at least have an extra 4 seater if I ever need it.
thx - At least Rick will give you the straight info. Maybe you need to send his order guy a box of donuts to get that M/Y :D

If you order a new one, consider the Museum Delivery !!!

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
M/Y Z06s are almost not avalb. at this time. I can`t understand it as we can get M/Y Coupes and Verts but not Z06s. Unless you luck up and find one coming in with another dealer, 10 to 12 weeks is about as good as it gets. I dont like it any more than any one else does but thats the Facts.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts