Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I will be taking notes and pictures /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The C5 Registry Dinner & Auction is tonight but I will try to post the info and pics from the seminar prior to that.

Hope you enjoy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!

Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks, Mark!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Your inside scoups and pictures are greatly appreciated by those of us that can't be there this weekend!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Are you making the trip back for the Cruise-In next month?? Should be a blast!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank,

I'm scheduled to attend next month...knock on wood, I'm there.../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm getting ready to head out to the banqut/auction, I'll let you know who won the Z06 later tonite. I'm leavin around 5am...long trip home. See 'ya after dinner!

As far as the Tom Peters seminar goes....nothing really new /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif. He was pretty much towing the company line...however HE IS a corvette guy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!

I took some notes and pictures...the pics really aren't worth the trouble but I will upload them at work (faster) on Monday and post then. NOTHING NEW was shown, I'm holding no scoop /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

I can say this, Cafaro REALLY likes the guy. Tom did do work on the C5 and everyone there says Tom is taking the C6 where it needs to go...Most of the notes I took held very little wisdom. I'll post more later but some of the quotes are somewhat telling....

"Size will be appropriate for a growing market." That read, the C6 will be shorter in wheel base but not in interior room...

"...focus hard on the wheels, not just the look but the feel..." Read as bigger, fatter tires to put more horses to the ground /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Better rims

In the future, Electronic Management systems, On-Star, "Pop-up Scoop?"

"Tradition but not retro. Drawing from previous cars but done in a modern way."

"You'll be pleasantly suprised with the power..."

That's all for now...I'm heading to the banquet/auction. Hope everyone enjoys /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif!

Mark

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On 2001-04-21 21:27, IMA Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
Mark,

As said b4 "THANKS" for being our eyes and ears. We appreciate it........

My pleasure...just hope I don't seem like too much of a geek /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!

Mark

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mark:

Thanks for posting your notes....I was unable to attend this seminar.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As always, my pleasure Zippy!

I felt like a cub reporter rushing back to the telephone to call in my story /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!!!

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts