Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Detailed the car. Kind of... I washed Sat. night and went out so it got a little dirty. Cleaned it up today with some NXT and wiped the wheels off. This sucked. Don't ever not wash it and try to detail when it's just slightly dirty. It takes too long and isn't really clean.

I tried different angles against the light but they turned out not so good. I think I can do better next time. Got some close ups of the Caravaggio blower hood. And no, I don't have a blower. :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
danggggggg! those are some serious rubber band wheels! :eek2: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
clean car. i cant put my finger on it, but something just doesnt look right about those rear wheels. maybe its the offset? maybe its the tire, it just looks too narrow and short... what size tire are you running out back? :jammin:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Love that hood, I was thing the ACP hood but that one looks classier.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
wallyman424 said:
clean car. i cant put my finger on it, but something just doesnt look right about those rear wheels. maybe its the offset? maybe its the tire, it just looks too narrow and short... what size tire are you running out back? :jammin:
You've got a good eye. The rears are too narrow. I got tricked into thinking they'd look alright from Corvette Garage but they don't. Tires are 275/30 ft. and 295/25 rr. I was told that they'd only be an 1/8 in. shorter in the sidewall than the 305/25. Maybe true but they should've gone with a 265/30 ft if their only option was a 295/25 rear at the time. Continentals were on 3 month backorder when I placed the order so I had to settle for the Michelins. Oh well, I guess i'll just have to deal with it. The rears are for sale.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

Millenium Z06 said:
I like how it goes with the fender lines. It's a little subtle but there's a little finesse to it.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Millenium Z06 said:

I agree, the hood looks awesome! Have you ever seen The Hunt For Red October? That hood reminds me of the bow of a nuclear submarine, as it pushes through the water on the surface. Smooooooooooooooooooooth. :cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vant said:

I agree, the hood looks awesome! Have you ever seen The Hunt For Red October? That hood reminds me of the bow of a nuclear submarine, as it pushes through the water on the surface. Smooooooooooooooooooooth. :cheers:
Thanks!

Good observation. :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The car looks good and everything goes together well. Sense you talked about the quality of the photo's, next time try to place the car at about 45 degrees to the Sun and move in a little closer. You can also use fill flash or a reflector to fill in the shaded area's. The only other thing is to lower the camera at just above the car's belt line so it's tipped slightly downward. With the shadow detail it look's like the pictures are taken in the best light, Sunrise or Sunset. Hope some of the this helps.

D.J. :zboobie:

·
Registered
73 Posts
perfectionist82 said:
danggggggg! those are some serious rubber band wheels! :eek2: :cheers:
No doubt. Here in the DC/MD area, your rims would be bent and/or cracked after about 4 minutes of driving or 2 miles (whichever came first). I think the streets of Beirut are probably better paved than here.

The car looks good though ;)

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Nice hood! Definitely looks classy! For me, I wish the edge towards the window would flare up slightly and hide the windsheild wipers.....As if they were retracting down into the hood. Hmmmm......

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Great looking car. But the hood is the best part. Very subtle, and classy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It's tough NOT to look good with Black! Looks great man! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts