Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching different exhausts for quite a while now, trying to decide what to replace the stock Ti's with. I was just ready for something a lot louder and mean sounding.
:sneaky:

I had been concerned with issues like resonance, and posted a few questions after getting a promotion recently. Anyway, last night while parusing the internet I had an epiphany and said to myself, "Will, who cares about resonance? Don't be a girl, just get the loudest, most intimidating sounding and looking exhaust." So I ordered 2 tip b&b bullets from Corvette Garage, $560 SHIPPED!!! I can't wait to get them next week! Anyway, I have a few questions.

1. Can anyone with 2 tip bullets post some pics? (especially pics from a direct rear view.)

2. Using a jack and jack stands, can I remove the stock Ti's and install the bullets, or will I need to take the car to a shop with a lift to get the stock system off without cutting it?

As soon as I get them on, I'll post again with my opinion and reaction to them.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stevep1794 said:
Oh yeah... what are mufflers??? HAHAHAH
They are retardedly loud..buy a partition.
Thanks for the quick response and GREAT pictures!!!

BTW, I hace a coupe, so no partion. But I think they'll be bearable, because while cruising at 45 or below, I'm usually at or below 1,200 rpms. Cruising between 50mph and 70 or so, cruise around 1,500 to 1,600 rpms. Pedal to the medal, who cares!?!?

I have a weld-on x-pipe lying around, so if it's a little too loud, I'll have a muffler shop weld on the x-pipe to quiet it down a little.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anyone help me with my second question, or post a link to a thread on removing the stock exhaust? I've tried searching, but apparently I'm using the wrong combination of keywords. :-?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
will82 said:
Can anyone help me with my second question, or post a link to a thread on removing the stock exhaust? I've tried searching, but apparently I'm using the wrong combination of keywords. :-?
The car needs to be about 36" off the ground. Please go to a Muffler shop. If you do a search there 2 members that have done it and the pictures are pretty scary. :crazy:

·
Registered
583 Posts
You will notice that at 35-45 they will harmonicaly "drone" in your ears. it is bothersome to many...even in a coupe.

In refernece to your second qest? See Muffler Shop.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You can use a jackstands and a good hydraulic jack to gain you the clearance you'll need to get the stock Ti system out. Just make sure to chock the front wheels, and if you have to, use a solid medium for boosting the jack pad height.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
IT L GO said:
Yep, I remember that day well :ity: You must be 36" up in order to remove the stock system without cutting it. You really should get this done on a lift. This is more a reflection of my sanity than an example of how to do it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I respectfully disagree about self-install. It's very easy, and fast, with minimal risk to life and limb if you use common sense with your jackstands. I've switched back and forth a couple of times to listen to different combos, and it's no biggee.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
exSSer said:
I respectfully disagree about self-install. It's very easy, and fast, with minimal risk to life and limb if you use common sense with your jackstands. I've switched back and forth a couple of times to listen to different combos, and it's no biggee.
Could you fill me in on your method and what you use?

·
Registered
274 Posts
i also did the install myself in the garage and i too wouldn't suggest doing it that way. i had the car up so high and fully expected it to end in disaster, but it didn't :D

if you are running these with stock manifolds it shouldn't be too bad. i am running lg's w/o cats and borla straights. now that's loud!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Get access to a lift! I removed my Tis in my garage and replaced with the Loudmouth. 36" minimum off the deck of you want the stock Tis in working order after you remove them.

The safest route is a lift!!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Nothing special in the method. Just jack it in steps to the desired height, supporting the car on 4 jackstands, with the rear slightly higher than the front. I used the front and rear crossmembers for stand placement. You need to drop the rear sway bar, but it's just a couple (or 4) bolts. It becomes obvious once you're down there. That picture of the car's assend up on a fully extended floor jack would make me stop and rethink as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts