Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a better tool cabinet to replace my Crafstman chest and cabinet now in use. I do not want an upper chest this time because it is awkward and tipsy when you have a lot of tools in it. I would rather go with a larger lower cabinet on heavy duty wheels. What I do not like about Craftsman and Husky is that the drawer slides in & out unevenly which binds the drawer. Have also scratched my fingers on Craftsman drawer corner edges.

I am willing to pay for quality and toughness, so I am looking at Snap-On, MatCo, MAC Tools and Lista. What are you using? One more thing, any one out there a tool salesman or distributor for Snap-On or Matco, how do I find same at a discount?

Thanks gang!

Zippy

------------------

[This message has been edited by Zippy (edited 02-24-2001).]

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frank, just emailed them for a catalog. Almost forgot about Waterloo....recently saw a full page ad, in Autoweek, I believe.

When is your next trip to Detroit?

The Zipster

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zippy:

When is your next trip to Detroit?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zippy, I was suppose to be in Detroit all last week, but I cancelled out. I've been traveling too much and needed a break. Not to mention that the wife isn't too happy with all my traveling.

I'll be in Detroit on the 5th of March, but just for one day. The first week of April I'll be there for 5 days, so looks like we can get together then. I'm always free after 5 PM.
The weather will hopefully be nicer. I'll keep you posted!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
299 Posts
Zippy,
Have been collecting tools all my life, started out with craftsman and have moved to Snap-On. There is a big price difference but there is also a big difference in the tools. They make some really great chest and top boxes that have the ability to stay upright even when fully loaded. Great feel and quailty. Often the dealers have some nice trade-in and also repos!Best way to find a dealler is to chase his truck down, Most Z06's travel faster than a Snap-On truck.
Blk/Blk Box Stock

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts