Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
well, i did a few searches, and I can't find out what is the top speed of each gear at max RPM for a Z06.

I know there is also a formual to calculate this, but today is not my day, i have googled and yahooed, and i just can't find it

thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
01,02,03 and 04 are all the same

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
mannygmt2 said:
RC45 thanks, where did you find that calculator?
I don't know where RC got it but it's in the shop manual.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Hey Tom... :coo: site. Thanks! I saved it to my favorites.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Yep thats the one - I just have some screen captures of pertinent setups. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
A few months ago I was merging onto Rt. 295 in NJ. I topped out in 3rd gear at 119 mph. When I really get on it I only pay attention to the HUD rather than the dashboard readouts. I know the rpms were up there...enough to see the SHIFT indicator come up on the HUD.

I have a '02 but reading above it's the same gearing as the '01. I bought the car used (only 500 miles) so I don't know if the gears were changed. The front tires were changed to 265/35/18's but I don't think the front tires are part of the speedometer sensors.

Any thoughts on how I hit 119 in 3rd when the calculator says 103 is the max?

Pat

·
Registered
474 Posts
ttt

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Z06Pat said:
A few months ago I was merging onto Rt. 295 in NJ. I topped out in 3rd gear at 119 mph. When I really get on it I only pay attention to the HUD rather than the dashboard readouts. I know the rpms were up there...enough to see the SHIFT indicator come up on the HUD.

I have a '02 but reading above it's the same gearing as the '01. I bought the car used (only 500 miles) so I don't know if the gears were changed. The front tires were changed to 265/35/18's but I don't think the front tires are part of the speedometer sensors.

Pat
Must have been the signpost up ahead.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Z06Pat said:

Pat
The previous owner swapped gears and threw in that ever popular 2.75 rear axle. :roll:

Charlie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts