Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
My previous Vette was a sweet late model year '99 frc with hud. I did an indicated 175 on the hud and it was still accelerating slooowwwly. The governor then kicked in and made me slow "the fu*k down" (Wife). The only mods on that car were a K&N conical air filter and Corsa Indys and it dynoed 316 rwhp on a dynojet. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
140 for a brief period. The MSHP is thick out here, and even though I know some of them... I ain't pressin' it!:eek: :lol: :eek:

Dan "First liar doesn't stand a chance:lol: :lol: :lol: " Farmer

·
Registered
31 Posts
165 per HUD, then the little rises in the road started to make the vette feel light.:D

BTW, FatherLarry, you posed the question, but didn't answer it for yourself. Come on, speake up!:cheers:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
167 Top

2KFRC5 said:
165 per HUD, then the little rises in the road started to make the vette feel light.:D

BTW, FatherLarry, you posed the question, but didn't answer it for yourself. Come on, speake up!:cheers:
167, but ran out of road. But, that said a lot to me about the c5. It was very stable and showed me that the car can handle over 200 with that body design.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
My fastest speed so far was in my 95' coupe. I did 138 in that car. Only been to 125-130 in my Z though:cheers:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I guess i'll be the slow poke, only 125 and that was on the track at Summit Point..

115 at the drags.

No place around here you can get that fast...

Ernie

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ran 5th gear all the way to 5900 and it showed an indicated 178-180 on the speedo. I assume that that's a generous figure and it was a little tough to get a real long look at the number while I was going at that rate. She drove smooth and straight up there, though :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Ernie King said:
I guess i'll be the slow poke, only 125 and that was on the track at Summit Point..

115 at the drags.

No place around here you can get that fast...
Ooops... I guess I shouldn't been doing 130+ on 50 or 140+ on 97 :D But it was only for a a very short time. Way too many officers in unmarked cars in this area.

Ernie, your right though, there really isn't a safe "highway" in our area where you can stretch your horses legs.

·
Registered
778 Posts
FL,

I hit 164 or 165 MPH in Parker County, Texas almost 1.5 years ago! What a thrill, but that is why I'm not exactly sure-I wasn't too keen to take my eyes off the road:eek: :eek: .

Joe :D :D :cool: :D

PS: I did run out of road, as there was more in the car:lol: ! It did feel kinda light in the ass, though:( . I'll make another try when I get new tires. :lol:

Joe:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Rippied.Z06 said:
My previous Vette was a sweet late model year '99 frc with hud. I did an indicated 175 on the hud and it was still accelerating slooowwwly. The governor then kicked in and made me slow "the fu*k down" (Wife). The only mods on that car were a K&N conical air filter and Corsa Indys and it dynoed 316 rwhp on a dynojet. :cheers:
Just for info-I dyno'd two weeks ago tomorrow at 324.4 RWHP, 341.5 RWTQ. The FRC is 26,000 miles, Corsa Indys and ProDyno Twin Cone Cold Air, nothing else (yeah, even the MAF screen is still there!).

Joe :D :) :) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts