Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am getting a TR Z06 with the TR interior in a few weeks and have a couple questions..

1. How does it look, the pics. I have seen show it as faded and not very brillant.

2. How does it hold up over time? I plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years.

3. Do the seats fade from a lot of driving and how about sun fading? Does it turn orangish after a while.

Now I'm kind of worried, maybe I should stick with the standard black.

Thanks,
Donovan

·
Registered
138 Posts

On 2001-05-07 12:44, TRZ06 spewed forth this drivel:
Hi all,
1. How does it look, the pics. I have seen show it as faded and not very brillant.
2. How does it hold up over time? I plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years.
3. Do the seats fade from a lot of driving and how about sun fading? Does it turn orangish after a while.
Now I'm kind of worried, maybe I should stick with the standard black.

Thanks,
Donovan
Donovan:

I have a T/R Mod Red Int. Z and the Red interior is rather brilliant. It doesn't glow like the Ext. paint but it is close. As for durability and fading, I can't say as my Z is only two months old, but virtually any color will fade in sunlight given enough exposure.

I can tell you that the interior looks great with the Torch Red Ext., and I get tons of compliments on the interior alone. I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Mike

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I also have the modified TR interior.With only 3700 miles the leather is like new. However having owned sevreal C5's over the last 2 years the leather in these Vettes do not wear to well. If you plan on keeping your Z for 5 years, plan on replacing the leather at least once. In terms of the look in my case I wanted the modified TR to spice up the look of my Speedway White.I also have mod red on order with with my '02 EB Z. I will probably do a custom blue mod interior like Carl has on his M5 [hvcone 1 of the moderators on this forum check out his web site].FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive had the TR interior since Oct. Ive not noticed any fading or other discoloration. Its a little overpowering at first but I have really become fond of it. I have gotten many complements as well. Many European semi-exotics and exotics have gone to this type of interior. I feel it goes well with a Z06 but might be too much for a cavalier.
I suspect it will hold up well especially if you can garage the car some of the time.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have a QS Z06 with the modified black/red interior that I took delivery the first week of September(8 months ago). It looks great and really brightens up the interior. I have had countless compliments on the looks. I drive mine pretty much daily and have about 7K miles right now. The seats still look great and I do not see any noticeable dis-coloring. I do have my windows tinted which is just about mandatory here in Florida. That probably helps too. If you are worried about wear, as I was when I first got the car, you can buy a variety of different seat covers. I bought a set for about $100. I had them on all of the time when I first got the car but I have not had them on now for about 3 months because I like the look so much. If I take an extended drive, I usually put them back on for protection but I remove them when showing off.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The modified torch red interior will hold up pretty good but it will evetually fade a little. I have seen that the leather used in the Corvette is not 100% real leather, supposedely GM did this so that the C5 interior would hold up a little better. It is said to be a combination of leather and synthetic fibers in order to do his. By the way, I am getting the same interior and exterior as you, Torch Red Exterior with Modified Torch Red Interior, without body side moldings of course.

·
Registered
619 Posts
FRC Tom, Did you change anything besides the arm boolster on the canter divider and the shifter boot.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's for the comments people, it sets my mine at ease a little.

VPRKLLR, nice pick on the Torch Red. I've seen a few coupes and used hardtops at the local dealers and they are very bright and awesome looking. I had a 2000 FRC Nassau Blue, that is still my first color choice, but since that is discontinued the Torch Red works for me. Wish I could wait for the 02' Electron Blue but the boss is picking up the tab so, I'm taking advantage of the offer while it is out there.

Donovan

·
Premium Member
652 Posts

On 2001-05-07 16:41, VPRKLLR spewed forth this drivel:
FRC Tom, Did you change anything besides the arm boolster on the canter divider and the shifter boot.
I added the carpet, consol door,shift & e-brake boots and the windshield pillars.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
FRC Tom - I like your style! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif That interior offsets the silver nicely... I'm jealous /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have had mine since Aug 16. No fading and it is holding up great. It does look a little orange in low light/night.

It really sets the car off. With the white the added red makes a huge difference! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
10,000 miles on mine and not even a hint of wear. No fading and I don't think it will. A friend of mine has a '94 ZR1 with the red interior and it looks factory fresh on a car that is almost 8 years old. I doubt the leather will need replacing in 5 years, with a little leather balm once in awhile it will stay looking new. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts