Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered kit from ultimatetouchup.com. Kit is very complete, comes with paint, blender, clear-coat, & accesories. I followed directions & had the scratch pretty well hidden with just the paint, but when I proceeded with the clear coat, I could never perfect it. You are supposed to apply with a blunt-tipped syringe, but the clearcoat is so thin, I could not apply it just to the scratched area, kept getting it on the paint around the scratch: looked bad so I rubbed off clearcoat with the special blender and went back with another coat of paint. Still not completely satisfied with the way it looks. Anyone else successfully used this kit ? How did you apply the clearcoat without having it form a drop on the end of the syringe & getting it where you don't want it ?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Wolf,

I used the kit to touch up my Black Z and had very good success, however, black is fairly easy to color match. I opted to not use the clear because I was satisfied with the results of just the base coat black wich was high gloss to begin with.

How does just the base coat look without the clear? I would also recommend calling Joe Fink at Ultimate for his advise.

Good luck!

Mark

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I think I should have just used the paint also, but wanted to follow directions for best results, so tried to apply clearcoat. I actually scratched the touch-up paint which I had just applied with the clearcoat syringe as I was trying to get it so close to the scratch so as to avoid clearcoat getting on unscratched painted part. I have redone it many times now & it looks decent but I would have been better off to have never tried using clearcoat, though it sounds like a nice idea.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've read where some people have used an air brush and have gotten good results fixing scratches,maybe worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts