Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Corvette Club met at the DANA Corps Hopkinsville Kentucky Plant tonight. For those of you that dont know, this is where the aluminium frame for the C6 Z is manufactured. We got to tour the " Corvette line" We were told that the Corvette Line constituted a 14 million dollar investment in the plant. Also, they expect to build 7000 frames per year. :jawdrop: The frame weighs 280 pounds, about 100 less than the standard C6 frame. One thing that I noticed was a raised outline of the C6 crossed flag logo on the front upper A arm mount. Pretty nice detail, Just wonder if it will be visable on the complete car.

Oh yeah, we were not supposed to take pics but I had Lisa's camera phone. I took about 10 pics along the line. I forgot to save the pics :screwy:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's 2,000 dollars a frame :-? They better make that frame for a whole lot of years or be able to use that equipment on a lot of other projects. :cheers:

·
21,354 Posts
Sounds like a fun field trip. At only a savings of 100#, I wouldn't have thought it cost effective to manufacture an aluminum frame, but I'm glad they did.

Just as a side thought, I bet it's going to present a few problems to those that want to install roll cages. Then again, maybe not.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
How kewl! :thumb:
Dana is one of the largest automotive/truck suppliers in the World.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts