Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy they look great and absolutely huge on the stock rims. I have the 275/40/17's and the 305/35/18's.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I hear a lot of good things about the Toyo RA1's. Give some feedback after you test them. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Those were going to be my next tires!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Boy they look great and absolutely huge on the stock rims. I have the 275/40/17's and the 305/35/18's.
Pics please!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Toyo makes a Good Tire. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Mine are sitting in the shed next to the rims. Got to take some time off and get them mounted before going to Pocono on the 22nd. Good Choice :thumb:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Based on tire weight regarding shipping they weigh only 1lb more in the rear and same weight in front.
Don't have a scanner so unfortunately no pictures.
I have run Toyo Ra1's before in Amercian Iron series. They are awesome compromise of inbetween full race rubber and street tires.
The tread contact patch looks substantially improved.

They do like lot's of negative camber though so be prepared to adjust at track for best results.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I look foward to seeing these tires on stock Z06 rims as well.

Someones got to have a camera or a camera phone ..

if you get a chance it would be great.

If not..at least thanks for the heads up.

JB

·
Registered
881 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Based on tire weight regarding shipping they weigh only 1lb more in the rear and same weight in front.
Don't have a scanner so unfortunately no pictures.
I have run Toyo Ra1's before in Amercian Iron series. They are awesome compromise of inbetween full race rubber and street tires.
The tread contact patch looks substantially improved.

They do like lot's of negative camber though so be prepared to adjust at track for best results.
So, do you know the actual weight of the F1 SCs that come with our cars? Toyo lists the weight of every tire in every size in the Tech Specs on their website, however, I have never been able to find the exact weight of the F1 SCs anywhere!!

Anyway, I guess you would not use the RA-1s on the street? So, you would keep them on a separate set of track wheels? Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My wife is getting one shortly so will be able to have photos in a little while.

Tirerack provides weight,etc.. for all tires they sell.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Are you going to shave these for track use? I am very interested in how you like them as I am looking for a replacement for my Nittos.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Duke, why are you changing from the Nittos? Did you have the 555r2's and how did they wear for you? Thanks for the input.

Bob :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
rpallas, I think I recognise you from some speed seeker events, anyway the Nittos have seemed to wear pretty quickly especialy at Blackhawk. The fact that they are corner specific also means that the left front goes before the right front and I cant swap them to even out the wear. The guys at Fall-Line Motorsports (who have a hell of alot more track experience than I do) do not hold the Nitto's in high regard and have suggested that I try running Sport Cups. I ran into another Z06 at Autobahn CC yesterday who had gone to 18" front wheels and Sport cups and said the grip was great and they were lasting alot better than any tire he had run before. What has your experience with tires been?

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Hey Duke, we have probably run across each other at the Road America Speedseeker events. I run both RA and Gingerman and have been on the stock F1's until now. The tread is about gone, so I am in the market for new tires. I like the F1's for track use on dry pavement, but they suck for the street in 1st & 2nd since I added the cam and other goodies last fall. I do not want to run two sets of wheels and 90+ % of my driving is on the street, so may be the Nitto's aren't the answer. A backup would be the Michelien PS2's, not the Pilot cups. Look forward to hooking up with you down the road. :cheers:

Bob :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
RA1's shaved are quite fast, almost as good as Pilot Sport Cups. Full tread they're a little squirmy but still better than street tires. I would recommend getting them full tread since you get more life out of the tires and they're not slow by any means. I think you would get decent life out of them as street tires also, but it obviously would depend on your use of hte car and alignment. I run 0 toe front & rear to make tires last, and have more camber than stock. They are reasonably priced and one of hte best options for a drive & race tire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts