Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just bought a set of Toyo T1R's. I paid $726.62 delivered (Z06 stock sizes).....what a great deal. I didn't get them installed yet.

I have read some feedback on other forum websites and it was positive. Just wanted to see what your thoughts were on these tires.

Anybody have these on your cars?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
POSITIVE!

I got them in Germany and whew, the prices in Germany are MUCH MORE than stateside, but mine are 18s" and 19s".

I like them as well, and wish they made the R888s in my sizes. I would like to try them out! :coo:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Just ask mjustmike how the Toyo's worked on my car at Firebird last friday.
Once he got them heated up he lapped everyone,,,including cars with ALOT more power than my ride! :yeadog: Best bang for the buck street tire for our cars, bar none! :yeadog: 'nuff said!

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Where did you purchase them?

Just google tiredeals4less, they aren't a site sponsor here(they should be), so I can't post a link. HTH

Jimbo

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I had them on my c5 z06 and they were a great tire.

Just be aware there seemed to be some kind of film on the tires so when you first drive them ...(first 100 miles?) they seem to slide all over the road..

Once that production film wears off (as designed) they are a great tire..

I mention this because at first I thought I had bought a shitty set of tires only to find out the film wears off and the tires stick great.

HTH and avoids the surprise I had when I first had them mounted and drove off.

I liked the toyos so much when my c6 needs tires..>I'm going with the toyos again.

Great tire. Great price.

JB

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
.......Just be aware there seemed to be some kind of film on the tires so when you first drive them ...(first 100 miles?) they seem to slide all over the road..

Once that production film wears off (as designed) they are a great tire..

JB
That film on the tire is the mold release they use when the tire is being manufactured. The mold release prevents the tire from sticking, when the tire is being removed from the mold.

Most tires have this greasy film on them when new. Like you said, it wears off after some mileage has been put on the new tires.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have had that tire for about 6,000 miles and recommend them to someone who mainly street drives.

I drove from Ft Worth TX to Cleveland OH last June (for Power Tour) and it rained hard a lot almost all the way. No problem at all with hydroplaning. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The do not have the absolute dry cornering grip of other tires I had (Yoko Sports and OEM Goodyears), but a great tire for the price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have RA-1s for the track and T1Rs for the street. I couldn't be happier with either. I have 15,000 miles on the T1R's and a lot of life/tread left.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I had T1-S's before on my Z06 and liked them and now have the T1-R's and like them even better. As soon as the tires wear out on my other car it will have them too. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I've got a $100.00 NASA coupon for Toyo R1-R (not in our big sizes) or 888's to use before mid June. Either get the 888's or another set of Nitto 555RII's ... both available in 275/40/17 & 305/35/18 :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using Goodyear on all the cars I have ever owned since I was 17yrs. I am now 32 and I can tell you from experience that GY wear down quickly. So for the first time from the crew on the forum I have switched over to try Toyo (T1R) and I can tell you that these tires ROCK.... They are just flat out awesome and I do recommend them for daily driving as well as performance driving as well. Also this is the best bang for the buck....... They also look awesome....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts