Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I have been using Goodyear on all the cars I have ever owned since I was 17yrs. I am now 32 and I can tell you from experience that GY wear down quickly. So for the first time from the crew on the forum I have switched over to try Toyo (T1R) and I can tell you that these tires ROCK.... They are just flat out awesome and I do recommend them for daily driving as well as performance driving as well. Also this is the best bang for the buck....... They also look awesome....
:thumb:
Looking forward to more posts! :sneaky:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Guys
Which Toyo T1Rs sizes would you recommend off the stock C6Z06 rims?

I have about 8500 miles on the stock GY Runflats about I'm about done with these tires. Up here in Chicago we don't have a long hot summer and the brick hard GY are extremely squirrelly under cold pavement.

I do a small amount of tracking for fun...not serious though

·
Registered
43 Posts
Toyo's are good tires for me.

Replaced the oem Goodyear's on my 2002 Z06 with the Toyo TR-1's and I am very happy. My car is a DD in Houston Texas- not cold here, but lots of rain. Got caught in a heavy downpour a week ago coming back from San Antonio - no issues no hydoplaning at 80MPH on I-10. Very secure on the road in the rain.

Probably not as sticky as the Goodyear Supercars or the Michelin PS2's - but for me they work fine. In fact I was all set to buy a set of Goodyear GS D3's- and opted to save a few dollars for the Toyo's which have a similar thread pattern.

I am happy- hope they wear wear.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I've heard of several guys using the T1R's at the track. I know Jimbo mentioned he had a set of these on his car at the WinterFest HPDE.

I also ran across this info: Toyo Tire to Raise Prices by Up to 60 Pct in N. America This is another reason why I bought them last week.
Has anyone considered buying a spare set of tires as insurance against rising prices? With the way things are going, I'm seriously considering buying a new set now and storing it until I need it later, maybe in a year from now. It's not like I won't need them eventually.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also replaced my F1s with the Toyo R1s. I have mixed feelings about the tire. For general street driving, they are great in the sense of wear and great wet water handling. However, for aggressive street, these tires have significant tread squirm, a less compliant belt, which gives the steering a little more sloppy feel to me. They also do not have the same outright grip as the F1 in the dry weather. These tires have a much higher void area than the F1s or the Kumhos. I dont think id buy them again and would opt for the Kumho given similar pricing.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have the T-1S's on the front and T-1R's on the rear. Both are excellent and are wearing well for this daily driver Z. Personally I much prefer the T-1S's and too bad they don't make them anymore. They are wearing better eventhough they are on the front, and they really shine (no pun intended) in the rain. As much as I like them I am considering the Firestone Wide Ovals's--although I swore back in the 70's after being burned by the 500 fiasco on my '74 Vette never to own a Firestone tire again. The writeups are just too good. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am interested in T1R Toyos to match rear R888R Toyos on C7 Z06. I don’t need fronts to grip as well and smooth ride and quiet are more important on front. The R888R on rears are purely a straight line grip upgrade over stock Michelin Pilot SS. I do have to get reproduction rear 19 wheels though for use with 345/30/19.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had that tire for about 6,000 miles and recommend them to someone who mainly street drives.

I drove from Ft Worth TX to Cleveland OH last June (for Power Tour) and it rained hard a lot almost all the way. No problem at all with hydroplaning. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The do not have the absolute dry cornering grip of other tires I had (Yoko Sports and OEM Goodyears), but a great tire for the price.
Just google tiredeals4less, they aren't a site sponsor here(they should be), so I can't post a link. HTH

Jimbo

21 - 31 of 31 Posts