Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok right now I have the Goodyear F1s, but the chevy dealership is offering a new set of Toyos for around $900 installed, compared to about $1700 for the F1s.. Has anyone had any experience with the Toyos? Are they good tires? I use the car as a daily driver (well, three days a week) and the occasionally burst of speed on the country roads, but no track racing or anything. Whats everyones opinions on the best tire for the money?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I have the Toyo T1S tires and I like them. Great tire if you drive the car a lot. :cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang, case 2307, I think you reply to every post I've put up... ha... are you a moderator on here or something or just use it a lot? thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
A friend of mine has a 99 coupe with toyos and he likes them better than his run flats.IMHO If you are not going to track the car and you want to same a few bills,go for it.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
nsxcorvette said:
dang, case 2307, I think you reply to every post I've put up... ha... are you a moderator on here or something or just use it a lot? thanks for the help though.
:lol: I not a mod or anything...I just like the site and you keep posting subjects that I have some knowledge of. :cheers:

·
Registered
938 Posts
TOYO,s Rule in the Rain

$900 installed is a good price, I have had mine for Two years and I think they are GREAT.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
case2307 said:
:lol: I not a mod or anything...I just like the site and you keep posting subjects that I have some knowledge of. :cheers:
I'm glad I didn't respond. :eek:o: Whoops I think I just did. :lol:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
case2307 said:
I have the Toyo T1S tires and I like them. Great tire if you drive the car a lot. :cheers:
Same here...especially IF you ever get caught out in the rain(yea I know)...they are awesome wet weather tires and pretty good dry weather tires...they have a lip protector just in case you get too close to a curb plus they're fairly light and have an aggressive tread pattern. No I'm not a Toyo salesman...just stating the facts. :lol:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
case2307 said:
Case is too young to be a mod.....plus, he is working on his BP right now and getting 'er shined up for the Fest! :cheers:

Bob :thumb:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The T1-S's are awesome in the rain. I use them for track days, so I don't have to slow down if it rains. If my Z was a daily-driver, I'd run them all the time. I hear the RA-1's are also a great tire, but I've never tried them.

If you want F1's, you should be able to beat $1,700.

:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the T-1's and they are a great tire for an everyday driver like mine. The only knock I have against them are the 295's on the rear have a smaller contact area than the F1's do and therefore look smaller from behind. Too bad they do not make a 315 for the rear, yet.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
$1,700 is outrageous for F1's installed. I just ordered a set from the Tire Rack for $1,097 (with shipping) and it was another $100.00 to have them installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts