Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Freakin Shit!!! :eek:

I just had the install of the TPIS long tubes, not even a few hours ago, and can I just say... :D

First impressions:

Car at idle has a slightly more muscle car tone as the restrictive precats are no longer present, but slight. But then, you get in the seat, strap yourself in, and proceed to push down that pedal....VrooooOOOOMMM!! HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!! :eek: :D :eek:

From young lion, too a full grown PISSED OFF adult and smooth rev'in all the way to redline. Out on the freeway, ohh yes you get more in the midrange. I had it playin between 65 and 75, just doin pulls to feel the power difference, and folks, its there.

Sound, power, and it looks awesome in the engine compartment with that silver shine. All I can say is, hello 400HP club...

Awaiting the blackwing, I will definitely be drivin by the seat of my pants.

Where's my keys..... :cool:

·
Registered
266 Posts
NDOMTUS,

Thinking about the same. What will you do at smog time???
My only concern..

Wish I was there,

2k :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
NDOMTUS,
Congrats, Glad to hear that your having fun with them!!! Did you have them installed at Corvette Connection? BTW, are you going to attend the Sept. 22nd event at Sacramento Raceway? Anyways, hope to see you there.

:)
2K Cobra,
I believe that it will pass smog, BUT not sure.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well here in Cali if the smog guy does his job he will fail you for the TPIS headers. I'm going the same route, since I don't think you have to smog a new vehicle for 4 or 5 years. If I can't pass, I'll rip them off and put the stockers back on.

What is going on Sept 22nd? I pick my Z06 up Sept 19th and am driving back from Bowling Green. I guess I wont make it in time to meet up in Sacto.

I'm going to get the Z06 dynoed the following Wednesday with Ralph at Hot Rod Heaven and then take it to the track, virgin fresh. Then the mods begin!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You will have no problem passing inspection for emmissions with TPIS headers, my car changed only about 3 parts per million before and after headers. NDOMTUS, they do make a big difference. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe all is well with the smog issue as I only had the precats removed, not the cats themselves. A concern might be that I wont register as a LEV, but thats tough doo-doo. However, I havent tried to smog, so I'm hopin your right hcvone. :)

Mufflers are stock, and boy I like em! Installed headers at Corvette Connection, you know it streetracer! I had no idea somethin was going on September 22 at Sacto Raceway. Is it a forum event? Please let me know details, I'd luv to check it out.

ZO SIC - Where is Hot Rod Heaven? Bay area? I'm lookin to get my car dyno'd, some place reliable. I believe there was another forum member asking about the same thing. If we get a group, maybe we can get a discount. I luv discounts. :p

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Ralph's is in Sac, he seems like a good guy, and will work with us on a price. We really should set up a dyno day. I want to see what running blended race gas does for me with the increased timing.

His number is 916-387-0481

Whats this about a meet?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
NDOMTUS said:
Holy Freakin Shit!!! :eek:
I couldn't agree more! :D

I love the headers. Sound mean at WOT, and goes like (as my mom would say) "a cat shot in the rear!"

Now, I already had the Blackwing, so I don't know how the headers are without one installed. But all I can say is GET YOURS IN THE CAR! I think the headers like the Blackwing!

-Kirk

·
Registered
146 Posts
NDOMTUS/mgarfias,
Yes, this is an event not to be missed!!! Just visit the corvetteforum.cc website. From there go to forums, then scroll down to PACIFIC under events. Find a thread that says: Attention Ca Bay Area forum members! Click on it, and you will find all the info that you need. It would be great to see some more Z06's there!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting. What are the helmet requirements? I've only got a 20 year old Simpson that my dad had for riding bikes to use. Is that good enough or do I need to get something a bit newer?

(I really don't want to drop crazy cash for a helmet right now)

·
Registered
146 Posts
mgarfias,
I believe Sacramento Raceway isn't that strict. As long as the helmet meets certain requirements you can probably run. Most likely, your dad's qualify. At worst, you can borrow mine.:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mgarfias - I'm very interested in doing some dyno's, but is there a place a bit more bay area centric than Sacramento? I suppose if we can work a really good deal at this place by getting more folks involved, Hot Rod Heaven could be an option. How much we lookin at? I'm a dyno virgin. :)

KMeloney - Tell me your bringin your car to the Sept 22 event!! I have always wanted to hear what the car sounds like with all them goodies on it and since I'm the only one I let drive my baby, I only know it from the inside.

streetracer - And yes, your car is also a must! I'm plannin on going, just gotta make sure I mention it on corvetteforum. Doubt I'll bring the Z as I aint got no helmet, aint gonna buy one just yet, and dont wanna hassle it, but I wouldn't miss the heavenly sounds of modded Z's rumblin past me. Ohh yeah! :D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
NDOMTUS said:

KMeloney - Tell me your bringin your car to the Sept 22 event!! I have always wanted to hear what the car sounds like with all them goodies on it and since I'm the only one I let drive my baby, I only know it from the inside.

Dang... I sure can't (where is it anyway? Out in Cali? Hmm...). But, well, anyway, just standing behind the car doesn't do the sound improvements justice. I think the car really growls at WOT on the highway. So, can you run behind me at about 80 mph?! ;) :D

Seriously, though, I had a buddy follow me up to where I had the headers done, and then he took me up to get my car back the next day. He said that he could barely hear my car when he was behind me heading up to have the work done, but then said that he could HEAR ME COMING UP BEHIND him with the headers on (over his Z28's exhaust, at speed, with his t-tops off, mind you), and all through the stock pipes/mufflers. So, in my opinion, it's just right -- raspy and good sounding at normal driving, and snarly and mean and loudish at WOT. It's a wonderful thing. :)

-Kirk

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
streetracer said:
mgarfias,
I believe Sacramento Raceway isn't that strict. As long as the helmet meets certain requirements you can probably run. Most likely, your dad's qualify. At worst, you can borrow mine.:D
Ok sounds good, keep us posted. I really want to hit the drag strip at least once.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
NDOMTUS said:
mgarfias - I'm very interested in doing some dyno's, but is there a place a bit more bay area centric than Sacramento? I suppose if we can work a really good deal at this place by getting more folks involved, Hot Rod Heaven could be an option. How much we lookin at? I'm a dyno virgin. :)
3 pulls was $60

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm all over it, I want to see how my car runs on blended race gas.

Anyone else? I'll call Ralph and set it up

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Cool, I'll call ralph tomorrow

you guys have a time/day preference? I'd prefer a weekend

maybe saturday before going to the drag strip?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts