Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the project today. The left header is in( finally). I will install the right side tomorrow, and cut and weld the connector/cross over tomorrow. The instruction's are not accurate. I will have more info tomorrow. It is a " pain in the a$$ job, for sure. ( not a job to attempted in your driveway) Later....:roll:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I am Happy

Well, six hours work and the Headers are in. NO DRONE:D Feels more powerful, and sounds a little deeper at idle, but has that "nice mechanical sound, like a finely tuned race car" sound. Can't describe it any better than that. The instrutions are OK, but not 100%. The Alternator mount does not have to be removed. Do not put the O2 sensors in until the headers are in place.The hardest part of the job is getting the headers down past the motor and through the chassis, in place. And yes, you do have to take the valve covers off as the directions state.I tried without, but no way( it is that tight of fit). And you'd think, for $900.00, you would get a set of new gaskets but no such luck. When I started this yesterday, the parts stores were closed, so in went the old gaskets. The good news is they fit real good.The spark plug are more accessable than they were with the stock manifolds.
Thanks to Nate at Extreme Motorsports for the price and quick shipping. Once again happy with one of our supporting vendors :D . I am very Happy

If any body has any questions feel free to email me ;)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot the Camera

Sorry Steve. Remembered the camera when I got back to the shop with the Z. And I did not bring it today, cause no sense in taking pictures 1/2 way thru. I did find some install pictures somewhere else ( in this Forum, which I have saved in My Documents). Here is one picture of the right header. Kind of shows how well they fit. If anybody needs any under the car shots,Iwill be more than happy to take some. :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts