Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great, what a difference long tubes make:)
I got them installed from at a local shop that usually does body work: Automotive Enterprise in Belmont, California. Contact: Bob Walschmidt. The cats are still in place, so they are still emissions legal. The added feature is that I requested a 3-bolt flange installed in the event I take my Z06 off the public roads to a sanctioned road racing event:)

I also acquired a couple of O2 simulators should I drop the cats or decide to run open collector.

The installation pics including some pics of the stock cast iron exhaust manifolds are located:
http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/vette/zo6longtube/Longtubedoc.htm

With the stock Ti mufflers, the exhaust sounds resonate with a deeper burble. At WOT the car screems. The well worn (18,000miles) 18" Goodyear SC's are not worth using in first gear.

Coincidentally, (I love how certain events or egos for that matter, fall at the right time) I ran a Mudstain the other night. He had no cats, flowmaster, and running on drag radials. He believed his car was the fastest thing on the road...and verbally mentioned this to my friends. So, what a great way to test my long tubes against a car that will almost certainly have better traction for the first 100 feet. Well, we both get a good start and after babying my car outta the hole and well into second gear, I pulled away from his puny er...pony car like he was PARKED. By the time I was at the top of 3rd gear, I could barely make out the front yellow marker lights. In all fairness I think his car was probably running mid 14's. But him and his buddies wanted to run the 'Vette and I couldn't help but answer the call. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Zed,

I've been contiplating headers for some time now...can't decide between BPP, TPIS, Belanger, etc. What clinched for you? How long did the install take? Did you install an XPipe as well?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price was great for what I wanted. Also don't know how much better the others flow...don't have data on their equipment. My friend was running the TPIS on his car and I was impressed by the fit and the fact that I could port the flange without compromising the tube's rigidity.
Install took 1 day because it welding was involved.

No, I did not install an X-pipe, but will probably do so when I drop the cats. Every little bit helps.

MARZ06 said:
Zed,
I've been contiplating headers for some time now...can't decide between BPP, TPIS, Belanger, etc. What clinched for you? How long did the install take? Did you install an XPipe as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts