Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this car at the end of August not knowing if I would even be able to get a Millenium Yellow Z06. Order was finally accepted in October. The TPW is 11/26/01 and I hope they do build it this week.This wait is killing me!! Anybody know when I can expect delivery to Chicago. IL. Again this has been a really LOOOOOOOONG holiday weekend. All I can think about is taking delivery of my baby. I check Fastdogs production update 4 times a day. I think I am losing my marbles. I need a beer!!!

Jackhammer:guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

·
Registered
878 Posts
You are cracking me up.. I remember the feeling.. I ordered mine at the end of June and cancelled because no allocation. Found one in August and it was TPW 10/8.... delivered to San Diego on Halloween. 25 days = 2500 miles :D currently in the middle of a road trip from San Diego to San Francisco on my way back.. Just finished driving Rt 1 - California Coast thru Monteray -- and all I can say is I love this car. :D :D

The day it's in your garage you will forget all about the wait.. It's well worth every minute and it's part of the experience. :D

Mine is yellow too.. lot's of great mods :p :p

You'll have it before you know it... hang in there... it's about 3 - 4 weeks away.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
the wait

my z06 was easy ...i drove by the local dealer just to look...i told him i wanted a ebz06..he said i have one coming in today or tomorrow... the next mornining i was driving down the road and saw a semi full of vettes from bowling green with 2 empty spots on the rear...then 3 minutes late the cel phone rang ..he said .. your car is here..
i went down and looked ..
they had marked it up 2500. over sticker... i said i will take it for less.... we worked out the deal
$ 1500 under sticker ..
and i was driving it home that night @!
what a dream !

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Might even have a leftover turkey sandwich under the seat:D
Hang in there!:)
:cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys ! Misery loves company. I am glad most of you can feel the pain I am going through.:guiness:

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Yep. I feel your pain, my man! :(

Except I'm at the very beginning of the process...with no TPW yet. Oh well. I know it will be worth it once its here. <---now, if I can just keep saying that for another couple of months. :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
Jackhammer, I don't want to give you any false hope, but from my observation Illinois has one of the fastest delivery times in the country. If your car really gets built this week, it shouldn't be much longer before you get it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, I feel better already.

Thanks
Jackhammer:cheers:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Jackhammer , I know exactly how you feel ! I ordered a M/Y with black interior from my local dealer. I waited 3 months and no alotment for a yellow. I got lucky when by chance I was on this site and Rick Daniel offered a m/y that had not been claimed ! I jumped on it ! The TPW was 11-15 and they delivered to the dealer in Ga. on 11-23. I'm sitting here typing now because I can't sleep because I'm hopping amtrack in the morning to pick it up and drive back to NC. It's hard to sleep when your waiting !!!! Good luck and the day will come !

:D Rob :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts