Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it normally take to get a TPW once you have an order placed in the system? This is assuming the dealership has allocation.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think it all depends on what the particular dealer has on an allocation and what color car you order. Take me for instance.....I ordered a 2002 MY Z06 in late May - early June. I still don't have it. I ordered an EB from the same dealer the first week of July and got it last week.

Originally got a TPW in early July for the MY of 8/6 but got bumped. The dealer assures me it is coming but he is being "straight" with me in telling me it could be here in October or it could be here in January. About the only thing he guarantees me is that it is coming and I get the first MY. The funny thing is that his first allocation was for a MY but it wound up being a EB.

Go figure,

CD

·
Registered
61 Posts
On mine the dealer had a Z06 allocation but not an Electron Blue allocation. The system accepted the order in 10 days. This probably happened when some other dealer didn't use his EB allocation.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Great question.. My dealer tells me that my order was placed on 8-28 against an existing allocation
(it says allocation group VETH) and that we should know more in two or three weeks.

My order number is DQCP8Q. Does the number mean *anything* at this point?

The wait has only just begun and, well, it's brutal! In the meantime, the forum is Great. Or maybe it's torture, I'm not sure ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
JWilson said:
How long does it normally take to get a TPW once you have an order placed in the system? This is assuming the dealership has allocation.

Thanks
If your order went into the Production Order Management System (POMS) and if your color isn't yellow and if your dealer really had a Z06 allocation, you should have a TPW in 7 to 10 days.
Good luck!! jerboa :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
BrianK said:
Great question.. My dealer tells me that my order was placed on 8-28 against an existing allocation
(it says allocation group VETH) and that we should know more in two or three weeks.

My order number is DQCP8Q. Does the number mean *anything* at this point?

The wait has only just begun and, well, it's brutal! In the meantime, the forum is Great. Or maybe it's torture, I'm not sure ;)
Bug your dealer for information on a regular basis. If he had a VETH (i.e. Z06 allocation) in the system he should be able to give uypu order status and a TPW almost immediately. GM is currently running about 6 weeks from order acceptance in POMs to build date. The order number doesn't mean much right now except as the key that is used to determine status. jerboa :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jerboa,

You used a lot of acronyms Sp?? I know what TPW is (target production week) but what does the fallowing stand for?

VETH

UYPU

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks Jerboa..

I spoke with my dealer today to discuss the railyard damage issues around Seattle.

He had no suggestions on the rail issues. And since they are in Michigan and get their cars via truck, he wasn't even aware of the problem. GM handles the shipping and the dealer has no control :(

But since I had him on the phone, I tried to get more info on my order status. It sounds like it has been accepted into the GM system. The last status was a 2050, reflecting the destination change to my courtesy delivery dealership. He assured me that I will get my car, and will get my TPW in a week or two..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts