Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to aquire Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-CS racing tires, Has anybody ever used them? and are they worth getting? :ity:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Goodyears are good consistent tires that will last a pretty long time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I personally don't care for the GYs and just couldn't get them to work for me and my car. On back to back to back tests between the Kumho V710, Hoosier S04 and the GYs, the Kumhos were consisently .5 per lap quicker than anything else and were the easiest to drive...by far. The Ho-Hos were next and then the GYs. ...for what it's worth

·
Registered
149 Posts
wow, very interesting info. i am mostly surprised that kumho's ranked higher than hoosiers. i really have no idea about gy.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I have a chance to get these at a very reduced price, I will be doing about 4 DE's this summer and don't want to burn up the stock tires. One more question for the racing guys, do these tires need to be heat cycled? :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I never ran the 710 but the Hoosiers have given me the fastest times and the GY a close second. Kuhmos turn to grease real fast and then wear fast. I run against a bunch of 710 guys and it's slip and slide time for them in my review mirror. PLus I kept some here working. Kuhmos and tire rack support was horrible when I had tire problems. I didn't want money just some answers. After shipping the tires back they told me they were lost. No answers but I did get a partial check. After running 165 at Pocono I wanted answers not a crappy check or even a full refund. Funny how they lost two tires isn't it? No answers either.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
In my humble opinion, all three are great tires. I have raced at several tracks, including my home track of Memphis on Hoosiers R3S04, Kumho V710, and Goodyear GS-CS. I hold the track record on the Goodyears. They are a good tire.

That said, I have been racing on the Kumho V710 recently as they are 20-25% cheaper and I can't afford what I'm doing.

If you can pick up a set of Goodyear GS-CS cheap, I wouldn't hesitate to get them. :cheers:

·
Registered
372 Posts
GSCS work well and out last the Hoosiers. I think fresh Hoosiers are bit faster the first day of an event, after that it's a slight edge to the GSGC IMO.

They run about $900 in stock sizes from Shelby in Gardena, Ca.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts