Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If one has the traction control disabled but still has the active handling enabled and power shifts to second, will the active handling activate. I got into the habit of turning off traction control as soon as I start the car but leave active handling enabled. The last couple of times I have power shifted to second the car feels like it is bogging down. Today, I put the car in competitive mode and it did not bog at all.

Is it possible that active handling is sensing the rear slide and applying a brake?

Thanks for your response in advance.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I sense some confusion on this post. Just for clarification, there are 3 modes of operation.

1. AH/TC on - All systems active - DEFAULT mode
2. AH/TC off - All systems inactive
3. AH ON - TC OFF - Competitive mode, Active Handling on and Traction Control OFF

JC

·
Registered
420 Posts
What happens when AH engages? Make a sound? DIC pop up with a message? How long does the message stay up?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
N4C5S said:
I sense some confusion on this post. Just for clarification, there are 3 modes of operation.

1. AH/TC on - All systems active
2. AH/TC off - All systems inactive
3. AH ON - TC OFF - Competitive mode, Active Handling on and Traction Control OFF

JC
I believe he's doing #3,

PerforminNorman,
Yes you should get a "Dic" blip on AH....

Lets get C4C5 in on this................................

·
Registered
420 Posts
Now I'm concerned. I pulled out on to a 4 lane road the other day and must have hit gravel or something. I did a complete 270...I didn't hear or see any AH message.

I understand if I hit gravel and it engaged but didn't help, but I don't think it even engaged.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
It depends, if all four wheels are turning the same rate (or nearly), especially at low speed, the car might think you are intending for this to happen. I have noticed that at low speed that it will allow you to do some crazy things......Sometimes when I hit an onramp too hard and the rear gets just a little light, it will come on, when it really shouldn't.......

But, with all that aside, it will save yer life :) AH always on for me....TC, now thats another story :)

JC

·
Registered
566 Posts
Norman:

The AH/TC system actually can engage the rev limiter if the rear wheels are spinning. This is the hesitation you felt.
Putting the car in the comp mode will disable the TC system's ability to activate the rev limiter if wheel spin is detected. The rev limiter should still engage if a detected RPM above the set point is too high (I think it's 6500 rpm).

JC is correct, there is just AH/TC on, AH/TC off, and Comp mode: AH on TC off.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts