Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is mike and i am new to this site.
i am also new to owning a ZO6. i just bought a 2003 ZO6 about a week ago and was wondering what is the deal with the traction control? is the only way to disable it through the button in front of the armrest every time i want it off? or is there a way to perminatly disable it so traction control is always off. i would really appreciate the help. thanks

-mike

·
Registered
229 Posts
active handling will be on every time you start the car.if you want traction control off, you use the active handling button for that.please read your owners manual.i would never turn my active handling off while driving on the street,and i don't take my car to the track.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i knew all that... and i certainly leave it on while i am driving normally... but i was just curious as to if there was an easier way for if i ever go to the track... guess not, thanks a lot though for the reply.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You can turn everything off with one push of the button, or hold it in for about 5 seconds and put the car in competitive mode (active handling on, traction control off).

IMHO you should leave at least the active handling engaged while street driving, it can save your car, maybe your life.

Les

SomeGuy604 said:
Hi, my name is mike and i am new to this site.
i am also new to owning a ZO6. i just bought a 2003 ZO6 about a week ago and was wondering what is the deal with the traction control? is the only way to disable it through the button in front of the armrest every time i want it off? or is there a way to perminatly disable it so traction control is always off. i would really appreciate the help. thanks

-mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all very much for the welcome and the advice. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
After yesterday's experience... I will always leave AH on. Traction control off is awesome if you want to leave a long trail of dual Goodyear F1 marks. :D

I found two nails in my rear passenger tire. Had to replace both since I have 20k + miles on them.

So, what do you do with a set of tires with plenty of tread left...????????

Burn em'!

I thought turning AH/TC "OFF" would be fun... not so. I almost wrecked the car. I've been driving for quite some time (old fart now). Had a 71' Chevelle SS for years and never got a car so out of control as the Z06. Everything went bad to worse shifting from first to second.

IMHO... at least keep the AH on... :thumb: unless you are totally :crazy:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
ALWAYS Drive on the street with Active Handling on as a minimum. I.E. Competitive Mode. There is devise that you can buy that will default you car to the Comp Mode at start up called Lap Trax TracActive Controller. Do a search on Goggle for more info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol yea i knew that the car had a competetive driving mode.... but i never knew how to activate it... and i def. didnt know that turning traction control off turned the AH off too :bang:

that would have really sucked if i just drove around with just pushing the button once and had something bad happen to my beautiful car :eek::

-mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts