Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been whining for a few weeks on the CF about looking for a automatic 2001 convertible to trade my Z06 in for.

Well, after test driving the vert yesterday. all I can say is no friggin way!!!

There's no comparison between the cars. The Z sounds so much better (not the stereo though), drives much faster, and feels a lot softer, firmer and smoother on the fat F1 tires.

Anybody out there looking at both cars need only to look at the Z...that is if you want power, ride, appearance and FUN!

The automatic felt like I was driving a Cadillac or Lincoln. I owned an automatic 98 coupe for 3 months before trading up to the Z06, and I had good memories of it, but after driving the Z for 4 months, the auto just felt lame, unresponsive and impotent.

So, Z06 brothers, I'm here to stay and embarassed that I ever thought of jumping ship.

The Z06 rules!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
As long as I am physically able to do so...6-speed 4 me 2. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Phew! good for you! I've been passively following your fleating fancy here AND at the other forum... And I'm glad to see you've gotten your wits back! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-Kirk

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just as God rides a Harley... He drives a Z06! Keep the faith.

HarleyB

·
Registered
496 Posts
I know how you feel. I was toying with the idea of an F-body for a while. Even though I love the way the WS6 Trans Am looks, it feels like 80's technology. I've decided to stick with the best also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts