Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you gurus know what HP the M12 transmission is rated at? Just curious. With all of the mods I see there doesn't seem to be any concern for it.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: VTR,

ZO6LS6 said:
Don't know about the tranny.......but the diff is rated @ 550 ft#'s.........;)
So I guess my goal will be 540 lb/ft....thanx for the info

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
V T R

The main concern is the driveline components........the tranny, and diff, are probaly the 2 strongest pieces of the puzzle..........................
We have had one guy on the forum, already twist a half shaft into........on an '02, and had to haul it back from the strip on a buddies trailer.....lucky him.( that he had a trailer!!!!!!).:eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: VTR,

ZO6LS6 said:
the diff is rated @ 550 ft#'s.........;)
SSSHHHHH!!! Don't tell that to MY diff., I'm at 810 lb-ft... & I haven't even done the Stroker motor...YET!! :puke: :D

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
Your transmission is only rated to 450 ft lbs of torque.
Normally, components are rated for torque only, not horsepower, so just be aware.
Besttoyou, c4c5:eek2:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Darth

Careful dude..............
I have a customer that had a diff go off on him, blew a hole THROUGH the rear of his backend......into the cabin..............:eek:
And he wasn't anywhere even close to you, or a stock Z.................... :eek:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Most Club Racers.....

.....use the stock tranny and diff. but they are blue printed and run coolers on both and most have no problem. The C5R's run Hewland Quick Change rear ends though as does Callaway on the racing C12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts