Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start from the begining, so this maybe a little long. This is for a 2002 Z06 with 24k miles, still under factory warrenty.

In December, I had a problem with the clutch sticking to the floor when shifting at high RPMs. Would stick my foot under the pedel, pop it up, all is fine. I did some research on the forum and found that there was a problem with the OEM flywheel, clutch, etc and that others were having the same problem. Great - took it to the dealer, they replaced the clutch and associated parts just like the Service Bulliten says. I get the car back, clutch works fine, but the shifting was a little harder.

Mainly, this was from 1st to 2nd above 4500RPM. Didn't matter how you got it there, it didn't like to shift. You had to force it into gear. Did it a little going from 2nd to 3rd, but not so much. Again, only at higher RPMs. I was still thinking it was me, so my wife drove it. She is 8 months pregnant, has raced cars, but still drives easier the me. She noticed it.

So, car goes back to the shop. First, they say the car is shifting within factory specs during normal driving conditions. I was prepared for this, so I took the Service Manager for a ride with myself driving. I mimiked the problem, then made him shift from the passenger seat...happened to him as well.

So, then it goes back in. They replace the master and slave cylinder for the clutch. Go on a test drive, the problem is worse and 2nd gear is locked out, 3rd is grinding. Car goes back into the shop, they call GM and ask for advise. GM says replace 2nd and 3rd gear along with syncros, shift fork, etc.

Week later, tranny is rebuilt, problem is stil there, but getting worse. They call the GM engineer to come out. The day he was suppose to come (Monday), GM calls and says adjust the clutch pedal. They did it, problems is still there.

In a nut shell, the problem is getting worse everytime something is done. I tend to try and think simple....when did the problem start? It started with the clutch replacement and got worse after the hydraulic replacement. Even more worse when the tranny was rebuilt.

So far GM has about $7k into this problem and it still exists. I have the car in the driveway trying to figure out what to do. The car has been in the shop for 3.5 weeks and I am getting a little pissed.

I have been more then understanding, but I need an answer.

Anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Any advise?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to hear about you're problems. I have a 03 Zo6, It has the problem with that also. But, My clutch is out of my car too. But, My car has a spec stage 3 in it as well, It is a H/C Car.

The only thing I can tell you.. Have a new kit put in you're car. It will fix you're problem..

G-Force: Trans

1 - 2 of 2 Posts