Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission just started to grind going into 4th gear.
When I downshift from 5th to 4th it's ok however 3rd to 4th is grinding.
My Z is an 01' and has been fixed 2 times under warranty and supposedly was upgraded the last time.
The issue is I can't seem to locate any reman or new transmissions out there either stock or upgraded.
I have a 6.0L with aftermarket heads and cam and would like to upgrade to something bettter, any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Rockland Standard Gear does a beefed up T56 that is pretty bulletproof, but they are not cheap. I think they are around
$3800.

Jim

·
Registered
362 Posts
GM T-56 SIX SPEED CLOSE RATIO CORVETTE (NON-STOCK)

88958729 - T56 Corvette Manual Transmission (Performance)
For those automotive enthusiasts with 6 speed manual transmission-equipped Corvettes, GM Performance Parts has a new close-ratio T56 six-speed manual transmission. Equipped with tighter ratio splits between all gears, this transmission was track tested and proven in Show Room Stock competition to keep you in your power band under hard acceleration and deceleration, resulting in faster lap times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rodney builds one heck of a transmission. He is doing some trick stuff that you might want to talk to him about. Plus it will be a lot cheaper than $3800. His Phone number is 765 524-5341

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts