H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This email was received this morning from Sean McKesson:

Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 10:12 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Your Product

Hello this is Sean McKesson in Atlanta Georgia. I would first like you to know that I did not receive the CD that was suppose to come with the Halted TRIC bottom breather kit. Now on to the good stuff. I have a corvette Z06 2001. The mods to the car as follows TTC long tub headers, your Trick bottom breather kit, pup cats removed large cats remain and X pipe installed and a under drive pulley, that is it. I went to the dyno on Sat, the needle at the dyno was touching 107 degrees in the garage we were dyno-ing in and my car was 210 degrees. I laid down 359.9hp and 349.5 torque the first pull and three more pulls, as the engine got hotter to in the rage of 359.4hp to 359.7hp. I have a stock TB on the car and have not removed the screen from the mass air YET. I have attached a photo of the dyno sheet let me know if putting on the TB and removing the screen will help even more. Thanks for the great product.

Sean

Sean now ranks in the top five dynos we have seen with our TRIC/MAG combo and bolt ons:

Tom Easterday (member) 361 RWHP/359 RWT
Ted Carli (member) 361 RWHP at Sho Shop
Ted Purcell- 355 RWHP
Sean McKesson- 359.9 RWHP/349 RWT in 107 degree temps

Whos next?

Let's see how many Vortex systems have hit these numbers-anyone up to the challange?

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

Jim Hall

·
Registered
619 Posts
That's it.

I'm sold. I was originally thinking of buying the Vortex; mainly due to price and because their shop is like 20 minutes away from house; but after this, Halltech all the way, price sn't that big of a deal and the looks are to die for.

Jim, you WILL be hearing from me, as soon as the Z is here. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Tony Barker, RAT, got 362rwhp at Speedworks a couple of months back with the Vortex, a powerduct, B&B shorty headers, PRT's and pups in place. No under drive pulley. No X-pipe.

I will verify this...I am doing this from memory.

Congrats to Sean on his runs. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RG

http://www.exit28motorsports.com

1 877 966 8676

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sure would like to know What made what hp? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Like to know what dyno make/model and if the numbers are "corrected" or what!!
Just trying to "cut" through the fog!
Bob

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The numbers are corrected. Anyone who posts gross numbers, is fooling no one.

Give the dyno shop or Sean a call, to verify.

Jim

·
Registered
619 Posts
What types of numbers are looking at if we only install the Halltech, without any other mods?

HP for a stock 02' Z06 with the TRIC?

HP for a stock 02' Z06 with the Sidewinder?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hang in there, we'll know real soon.

As soon as we return, we will dyno test VIRGIN stock, TRIC, SideWinder, and the Vortex. We will try to get ahold of a Batwing Donaldson (This was the original nickname given to this unit by the Donaldson engineers)

We have a Vortex unit on loan that we plan to test, but we will allow computer relearn, which is necessary whenever changes are made, especially when decreasing airflow.

Numbers will be fair and verifiable. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Jim, to reinforce RG's reply please go over to the Pit Road section and check out Frank and my Z06 Dyno #'s and replys. When comparing your system with Vortex you may want to consider BPP'S newly designed carbon fiber Power Duct. It is a bit flatter and WIDER. Ernie claims a very small boost. I'm looking foward to your comparison and possible purchase of the Sidewinder/Tric combo as well as several other products from your fine company. Thanks, FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations guys on such great numbers...whats really cool is that for very few dollars you can hit 360rwhp..and 353rwtq..

To get to 400rwhp or 427 rwhp..which is only 40 or so rwhp more...stage two heads were needed..

So thats like 6 grand more..for the next 60-70rwhp..

GM really did a nice job with the zo6 right out of the factory...and with minor mods..like cold air....(as a guy not with a zo6 but a member of this site..I have to tell you that from where I'm sitting...The cost efficiencies on a few bolt ons with a zo6 are amazing..

Thats what makes these cold air systems so cost efficient and cool..(pun intended)

Seems as though its money well spent..

The trap speeds I'm seeing on these stock ZO6's with cold air induction are most impressive...

Looking foward to hearing about the trap speeds these basically stock cars hit..

Should be awesome..

And of course..the ZO6 is so much more..its braking ..its handling..it flat out the real deal..

The g-d dam total package..!!!

Enjoy guys!!!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts

On 2001-08-19 21:56, Halltech spewed forth this drivel:
Hang in there, we'll know real soon.

As soon as we return, we will dyno test VIRGIN stock, TRIC, SideWinder, and the Vortex. We will try to get ahold of a Batwing Donaldson (This was the original nickname given to this unit by the Donaldson engineers)

We have a Vortex unit on loan that we plan to test, but we will allow computer relearn, which is necessary whenever changes are made, especially when decreasing airflow.

Numbers will be fair and verifiable. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Do you have a spare radiator shroud around? Looks like you will need it since the holes are of different sizes between your product and the Vortex.

RG

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dyno testing begins tomorrow. Chris has a spare shroud, I think we know how to install an airfilter on the MAF.

We will not post the results here, but we'll provide a link to our site URL.

Morgan Motorsports installs our TRIC Intake and dynos our system regularly. They already have independent results.

They were the folks that built the Z06 that made 395 RWHP using the SideWinder.

JH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts