Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture of the Z06 trunk? I was checking an old issue of C/D and came across a stat that said the cargo room of the Z06 is 13 cubic feet. I thought was pretty impressive, but also that it sounded to good to be true. What is the real amount of trunk space in the Z06? If it really is around that much, it would solidify the Z06 as my next car.

-Ben FR

·
Registered
16 Posts
It should be 13 cubic ft.

Length x Width x Height
----------------------- = cubic ft..

This should help./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks
Andy Mages
Z06 PARTS INC.
Dallas Tx

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't know if you can see that the center portion is a depression, and there are two other depressions. Very nice place to keep things while conering at 1G +. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck on the new Z, you will luv it!

·
Registered
572 Posts
All things considered, the trunk space is very good. My wife and I drove down to Florida and North Carolina for 5 weeks in April-May. It was tight, but no problem. The cargo space was what decided me on the ZO6 versus a Porsche or Viper.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Corvette ZO6 has exactly 13.3 cu. ft. as stated by GM in the Corvette brouchure.
If you are buying a "sports car" because of the amountof space in the trunk, you are looking at the wrong features of the car. If you want a lot of trunk space, get C5 coupe. It will have 55 hp less than the 02' ZO6 bu you will get the added space, if that is what you desire. The coupe has 24.8 cu. ft and the convertible with the top up has 13.9, and 11.2 with the top down.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Frank,
Why do you have front floor mats in the trunk area? Looks funny.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I think this pic was a response to what Lloyds mats looked like....He doesn't keep em in the trunk /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Ben

Check it out.

Nate sells a product that actually enhances
the trunk in all Frc/Zo6 .

It will be reviewed soon ...../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

On 2001-06-10 18:05, VPRKLLR spewed forth this drivel:
The Corvette ZO6 has exactly 13.3 cu. ft. as stated by GM in the Corvette brouchure.
If you are buying a "sports car" because of the amountof space in the trunk, you are looking at the wrong features of the car. If you want a lot of trunk space, get C5 coupe.
I don't want the C5 coupe. And please, don't tell me what to look for in a car. I want a sports car. I really would like to have some room, but I would be concerned if there wasn't enough to cover the bear essentials. If the Z06 doesn't have the trunk room I want, I will have no hesitation in buying a 2002 M3 that I'm on the list for.

-Ben FR

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Ben:

Drive it, you'll like it!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif with plenty of trunk space! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ben,

Whatever you do, please keep us posted. At least drive a Z06 before you decide.

I too was in the market for the "M" Car.(333HP 3400 Lbs.) (Z06 405 HP 3000+- LBS) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

the best,

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Is there a specific kind of bear you normally put in the trunk? Grizzlies and black bears would feel cramped in 13 cubic feet. They can also be distracting when driving, although they are great intimidators during traffic stops. Buy the Z06 and grin and bare it.

Jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Jerboa, he wants to put "bear essnetials" in there, not bears themselves! So, I guess we're talking about picnic baskets, honey pots, fur, and...

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Kirk

PS -- Saw the M3 at the Philly Auto Show and also at Algar in Bryn Mawr the other day (someone had driven it there -- it wasn't for sale there). I think it's a matter of time before the M3 just blends in again. After all, it looks pretty similar to the others, cave for the wheels and Z3-style fender treatment. I think the Z is the way to go. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahhh oops. "Bear essentials." Yeah, I'm one of those park rangers lucky enough to afford a Z06 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Nah, please pardon my grammar. Does anyone by any chance of a better picture of the Z06 trunk with perhaps something in it for reference? I am going to try to hit the dealership this weekend and take a look at the Z. I just love that car in black on black with dark tint. It looks so slick.

-Ben FR

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'll try to get a pic, but we fit 1 large suitcase, 3 travelling bags, 1 small cooler, extra jackets, pillow, about $1000.00 worth of Disney junk, and a few misc. items in. Oh yeah...3 qts of oil just in case /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Didn't need it /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Large suitcase, laptop computer and case, dog bed /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif and 2 Toy Poodles fit back there nicely. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
266 Posts
Blk Z06,

Going to Wally World? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
572 Posts

On 2001-06-12 00:03, 2k Cobra spewed forth this drivel:
Blk Z06,

Going to Wally World? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Yup...my favoritest place /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif