Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bigg Lee said:
dang don,you let the cat outta the bag.i really didnt know who you were speaking of!! :)
Hey Lee,

How are you doing?

Yes, this is Chris Coriell's own car. I was at the shop the week before and saw the work in progress. Chris indicated that there actually was a lot more room in the rear of a C6-Z for these rear mounted turbo's then in a C5, so there was less cutting of things needed. I think that the car should be ready sometime soon, though in talking with Chris he was hoping to have it done and to be able to bring it to Carlilse this weekend. We shall see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any Idea Of What The Price Might Be To Add A Supercharger To The L7 And How Much Horsepower And Torque Would Be Added To The Beast?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Breaking news

Update on TT-C6-Z06:

The car is up and running and even made the trip out to Carlilse last weekend. I understand from "certain sources" that the car exceeded 200+ mph (closed course, of course:D ) on the trip out to Carlisle...but I can neither confirm or deny this information.;)

Don

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Yeah...that silver TTC6Z06 was just Awesome and Mean!! I liked how ECS had set up the mirror so you could see those turbo's! :cheers: Pretty cool! :D

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
The turbos are tucked up nicely on the C6. You can't see them from behind the car like you can on the C5. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
what is the main advantage of a TT Z? Wouldnt you reach the same results with the a the regular C6? afterall both have built engines and a TT.

·
Registered
486 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
what is the main advantage of a TT Z? Wouldnt you reach the same results with the a the regular C6? afterall both have built engines and a TT.

So your saying that a STOCK C6, already possesses a TWIN TURBOed ENGINE?????:flaming:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
F.J.B. said:
So your saying that a STOCK C6, already possesses a TWIN TURBOed ENGINE?????:flaming:
No, if you read his post again I think you will find that he's asking if there is an advantage to building the motor on a Z06 and going TT vs building a motor on a C6 (non-Z) and going TT.:flaming:

Sounds like a reasonable question....

Mike

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
A friend of mine has a TT Viper and hes excited he might finally have some competetion on the street for once with a TT C6, but he still really doubts it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I saw this car up at Carlisle, it is awesome. Chris and ECS did a great job on it. I could only imagine, it must be a freaking animal.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Phil over at Dynotech tells me the week link in the LS7 is still the pistons, just like the LS6. He has a friend at GM that told him they had a forged piston designed for the LS7. I guess he said they had all the cold start and noise issues inherent in a forged piston worked out. It all came down to about 25 or 30 bucks more per piston and the bean counters put the nix on it.

I think I'd seriously consider going with forged pistons if I were gonna go TT. I bet the crank and rods would hold up, but pistons and connecting hardware would be a good investment in longevity.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the nice words on our little TT prodject. We did not build it to be the "biggest or baddest" just a nice street car working off the stock engine. I love the Z, but honestly I think they are a bit underpowered from the factory, but thats just me.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
rz01 said:
Is this package available for purchase? What was the final boost and rwhp? Please adsvise.

Actually, the car is now for sale. Details on boost and power made within the thread. I'm certain if you contacted ECS they would quote you a price for this set-up on a virgin C6-Z.:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
As far as performance, the weight difference between the Z06 and C6 coupe will be a major factor. Also the Z06 is setup better to handle higher engine revs....cooling the motor faster than the C6 coupe.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sad ending to this thread, indeed.:yeadog: Chris Coriell from ECS sold the car to one of his customers late last fall. On the way home from picking the car up, the client plowed into a concrete barrier, totally destroying the car.:cry:

I saw pictures of the car...not a pretty sight.:NoNo:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts