Corvette Z06 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As far as performance, the weight difference between the Z06 and C6 coupe will be a major factor. Also the Z06 is setup better to handle higher engine revs....cooling the motor faster than the C6 coupe.
Weight, yes.
Cooling and higher revs (rpm's)? How, if both are getting purpose built motors?

·
21,354 Posts
Sorry to hear about the TT Z06.

It seems quite common these days with 1000 HP cars. I've ridden in a few of those high HP cars and they are truly frightening...to me anyways.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Weight, yes.
Cooling and higher revs (rpm's)? How, if both are getting purpose built motors?
I certainly hope the turbo is going on a "race built" motor. 11:1 compression and Ti rods should take approximately 4 psi for a while before chucking one of those pricey rods through the hood. Ti isnt exactly known for its tensile strength.

Oh and the weight difference between a base model C6 and C6 Z06 would be a tremendous performance difference as another member mentioned. With a TT 427's potential for 800 rwhp 100 lbs of weight is going to make a HUGE difference, yeah thats why the Lingenfelter TT C6 featured in an issue of MotorTrend suffered a huge performance loss with this additional weight in the standing mile. Nevermind that the rear end disintegrated on the tarmac.

If I were to do an FI vette I would just do up a base model C6, if I had enough money to throw at it I would add the Z06 fenders and Viola! 100 lbs is negligible, Mercedez's SLR manages a [email protected] mph in the quartermile and .95 G lateral with 650 hp and it weighs 3700 lbs.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sorry to hear about the TT Z06.

It seems quite common these days with 1000 HP cars. I've ridden in a few of those high HP cars and they are truly frightening...to me anyways.
Jub,

The guy who crashed the car is a real tool, to say the least. Thankfully, he didn't cause himself or anyone else any bodily harm in the accident.

From what I could tell, he must have been going at a pretty good clip, since the car was demolished. The fact that he came out of it unscathed is a testament to how well built these cars really are.:yeadog:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
The fact that he came out of it unscathed is a testament to how well built these cars really are.:yeadog:

Gotta agree with that statement!! :yeadog: Been there, done that! Don't wanta go there again! :NoNo:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts