Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the TTS long tube headers for my Z06 and am seeking the perspective of those of you who've installed them yourself or through a shop.

My car currently has the stock Z06 exhaust and I don't plan on removing anything that's titanium.

Here are my questions:

1. How is the fit of the TTS?

2. What needs to be bent or cut to get proper fit?

3. How many hours did the install take?

4. If done at a shop, how much did the install cost?

5. Did you install an X-pipe too? If so, why?

6. Do the TTS produce more noise in the cabin under normal cruising conditions?

Many thanks in advance. Appreciate your thoughts very much.

Ranger

------------------
Torch Red 2001 Z06
Delivered August 2000

·
Registered
3,213 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ranger, I have installed many long tubes at my shop here in Lubbock. Here are some answers to your questions:
The fit of the TTS are excellent from what I have been told. I have not installed any of the TTS headers as of yet, but a customer does have an appointment with me for an install of the TTS headers as soon as my order comes in. They are similar to the TPIS and Belangers long tubes which I have installed and I can reflect on those.
There should be some cutting and welding involved in front of the cats. That should be the only cutting of the car.
The install usually takes around 4-6 hours if you have a competent shop doing the install.
Price of install will range significantly with the shop that is doing the work.
We charge 300-400.00 for the install but have seen prices from 250-750.00 quoted from other shops!
The off road x-pipe is an option if you want to delete the cats. I dont recommend deleting them on a lightly modded car. the gains are not worth the noise and smell!

Headers will not create more noise under normal driving conditions. The exhaust note will be a little more aggressive under WOT and you will definetly feel the seat of the pant hp gains.Hope I have helped!

Nate

------------------
Nate Caro
Xtreme Motorsports/ Corvette Garage
Xtreme Motorsports
1-806-798-0246
[email protected]

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Nate. Appreciate your perspective.

I'd also like to ask for an update when your TTS order comes in and you do that install.

Best regards,

Ranger

------------------
Torch Red 2001 Z06
Delivered August 2000

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, RG. I received the install instructions from you as a result of a parallel post over on the Corvetteforum.

Ranger

------------------
Torch Red 2001 Z06
Delivered August 2000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts