Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, today i got some addtional information from DRM and FLP.

DRM: Had a lengthy discussion with Peter at DRM re the Z06 in general, some popular mods for these cars, and headers, specifically. Peter said that at this time, they have no information re the gains (if any) that headers would make on an '02. They do plan to begin work on some 02's in the not too distant future, and will likely test a stock car before and after the installation of headers. If and when they do, he will call me - I have done a lot of stuff with DRM in the past. Also, Peter said that they may consider the possibility of producing a header specifically for our LS6 engines.

FLP: Talked to Ed at FLP for several minutes. (JC, you have mail! :) ). FLP is projecting release of their system this February. Their headers will be sold as part of a kit which consists of: Headers, all necessary bolts and gaskets, V flanges, X pipe, two 2 1/2 inch high flow converters, two 2 1/2 inch off road pipes. The kit will sell for approximately $1,699, except for the first 25 orders, which will be offered a $300 discount. The headers are 1 3/4 '' primaries with 3 '' collectors. They are constructed of ceramic coated mild steel. They expect to see a 25/30 h/p increase with this kit. This kit will allow you to save all of your original system through the X pipe. Also, the cats can be easily swapped for the off road pipes to use during competitive events. Their headers will fit both LS1 and LS6 applications, thus ports are circular NOT D shaped.

Hope this is informative - still a lot of unknowns out there! :eek:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
good info.

i'm not interested in the FLP but DRM at least saying that they'll consider port matched headers is better than nothing. I've heard good things about their current headers.

Wonder if it will help them make their decision easier if we got a GP going with a set amount of people to commit. If the price was right, I know I would.

don

BLEUBYU said:
Ok, today i got some addtional information from DRM and FLP.

DRM: Had a lengthy discussion with Peter at DRM re the Z06 in general, some popular mods for these cars, and headers, specifically. Peter said that at this time, they have no information re the gains (if any) that headers would make on an '02. They do plan to begin work on some 02's in the not too distant future, and will likely test a stock car before and after the installation of headers. If and when they do, he will call me - I have done a lot of stuff with DRM in the past. Also, Peter said that they may consider the possibility of producing a header specifically for our LS6 engines.

FLP: Talked to Ed at FLP for several minutes. (JC, you have mail! :) ). FLP is projecting release of their system this February. Their headers will be sold as part of a kit which consists of: Headers, all necessary bolts and gaskets, V flanges, X pipe, two 2 1/2 inch high flow converters, two 2 1/2 inch off road pipes. The kit will sell for approximately $1,699, except for the first 25 orders, which will be offered a $300 discount. The headers are 1 3/4 '' primaries with 3 '' collectors. They are constructed of ceramic coated mild steel. They expect to see a 25/30 h/p increase with this kit. This kit will allow you to save all of your original system through the X pipe. Also, the cats can be easily swapped for the off road pipes to use during competitive events. Their headers will fit both LS1 and LS6 applications, thus ports are circular NOT D shaped.

Hope this is informative - still a lot of unknowns out there! :eek:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Good info.

I'm in a dillema...FLP's or go with TPIS.

Another point worth mentioning...LG Motorsports is modifying the TPIS headers, cutting the collectors off and putting their own design on, freer flowing. May also be worth looking into, and Lou/Louis have always been extremely helpful to myself and buddies with Fbody's and Vette's...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tamu, if LG is cutting on the TPIS units why not ask them about replacing the flange with a proper D port patched flange? Whats a little more cuttin???:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Good point..:p

Though, if the flange is Dshaped, but the primary is still round, doesn't that just defeat the purpose? Assume that the flange is just an extension of the exhaust port...a turbulence caused when the exhaust hits the primary from the flange...versus a turbulence cause from the port to the flange?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts